The White House

The White House

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thursday Thirteen


Have a list of 13 things you want to share? Go here!
Thirteen things I should really do tomorrow:
1. Shovel the sidewalk and stairs. We are supposed to get 2-6 inches of new snow depending on where you are. I think I've already got 3 or so.
2. Bake cookies. I picked up peanut butter chips, peppermint chips and creme de mint chips tonight at the store. Lots of cookies!
3. Catch up the laundry. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm several loads behind.
4. Clean out my truck. So many shoes/coats/boats/toys/clothes are making it hard to find a seat. And there are nine!
5. Take the bed frame out of Lucas' room. Then it will be empty, we can pull up the carpet, finish up the trim, re-carpet and it will be all done and ready to decorate. Yea!
6. Being preparation for the quilt I'm making someone for Christmas. Time will run out before I know it.
7. Pull out my flannel and find the pajama pattern. We were going to buy some pajamas for the girls tonight. They wanted $36 for a shirt and pants. I don't think so!
8. Call about ordering school photos for Nick. He neglected to bring home the form and now I need to see if I can still order them.
9. Work on hockey cd's. I finished burning 36 cd's with 2523 photos for the basketball parents and handed them out at the banquet. Now I've edited 2007 photos from a past hockey team and will give those photos to the parents. I should have done this two years ago, and the guilt rides on my shoulders all the time. I will finish them this week!
10. Bathe four of the dogs. They don't smell so great.
11. Start ripping apart the old kitchen. Looking forward to having a big bonfire with the cabinets. They are so not worth saving.
12. Fill the wild bird feeder. I bet they ran out of seed awhile ago.
13. Take time to soak my feet. My feet are so dry, cracked, calloused and nasty. I've got to start taking some time for myself.
Check back tomorrow and I'll let you know if I actually did anything on this list! :)

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Shovelling snow? Ohhhhhhhhh, I had 40 years of that job and now I LIVE in the Deep South. Guess why? LOLOLOL

And a Christmas Quilt? I do hope you'll share photos when it's done....I'd love to see it [and you let me know when you DO post about it again...please!]

My 13 is posted...I'm talking Turkey today. It's posted below my Thursday Thunks, so if you can find time to visit, just scroll down a bit!!

Click HERE

Amanda said...

I like this idea, good luck with your list!!!!

Unknown said...

I hear you on the pajama deal. We are going to the fabric store on pay day. I've taught both my girls how to make their own PJ bottoms. The will not wear a matching top lol
Good luck getting everything accomplished. Happy T13!

I am Harriet said...

You just reminded me that I gotta get some work done :)

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/does-bubble-gum-lose-its-flavor-on.html

Tracie Nall said...

Good Luck with your list....you have reminded me that I should put up all the clean laundry that is sitting in the basket mocking me right now....maybe if I had some homemade cookies I would be more inspired to do that!

happy TT!

Calico Crazy said...

Good luck with the list, I've got to get to the laundry as well. I just wish I knew where it all comes from.

Calico Contemplations

Paz said...

Oh man, that is a busy list.....my bird feeder gets empty fast too....
Don't stress on the hockey CD...we will get them when we get them. In fact I am quite sure that nobody even expects one.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm all for taking care of yourself (or even putting yourself first!). Soak those tootsies and watch the snow come down.

Janie said...

It's a great list, but very ambitious for one day! Maybe if you give yourself a week, you can get it all done...

Gel said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog for TT. Even if you don't do the other 12, I vote that you do #13 every day! You sound like a busy woman. Whew: bathing ONE dog takes a lot of work!
(Like others, I make lists, too and am happ(ier) if even part of one thing is done, but the list never ends, does it? It's a bit like Pinocchio's nose.;)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your list! It's perfect since I to need to do the Laundry (that never ends), Bathe the dogs and my feet are so dry and cracked they need lots of attention too. Oh, I just bought mint and chocolate chips to bake cookies with and the list goes on........thanks for the reminders! Have a great weekend and hope you gets lots done.

J. Lynne said...

Reading your list, makes me feel guilty about my to-do list, which also has backed up laundry on it. Instead of a quilt, I have multiple knitting projects to complete before Christmas too. *sigh* And the snow will be coming here to Maine soon. I feel your pain.

Happy belated TT. ;)

Corey~living and loving said...

girl...your list really really tires me out. WOW1

enjoyed the pics of what it looks like when you drop your son off at the bus. icky...I used to hate getting on the bus in the dark. sigh...