The White House

The White House

Monday, March 11, 2013

Well, that's done.

I have been forgetting to take their photos before school. :( So much for my 180 day project. I love that she is reading while waiting for the bus.

Squinty eyes from the flash.
 She's blue and she won.
Friday the kids got out of school early. Nick babysat while Emily and I got our nails done. Mine are red to show support for Elijah's basketball team. Emily got a really cool neon purple.

Friday was the first Regional game against North Pole. There's Elijah.... business in the front, party in the back.

Our baby Sophie needs a trim. Soon she'll be a muddy mess.

Saturday morning I had to drop off Elijah to an hour of basketball on the way to a soccer game. Wish he had his car as he had to go an hour early. We ended with a 3-1 win. The boys really listened to me.

After the game I took the boys to the barber shop.




Elijah's coach wanted him to get his hair cut all season and he refused. He got it done for the championship game and surprised everyone. It was so strange and hard to find him on the court!

His scar really stands out now where you couldn't see it before. I think that it has sunk in more as well. He said that he can move the mesh with fragments around. I don't like that. 


What an unfortunate game for Elijah. He was playing so hard and doing so good. He was on the bench resting with 40 seconds left in the first half. I do not know why, but the coach put him in. He already had two fouls and should have stayed put. He took a charge that looked clean and they gave him a blocking foul so he started the third  (29-29 tie) on the bench with 3 fouls. Lathrop is a really big team and Elijah needs to be on the floor. When finally went in he got shafted. Number 4 made a shooting foul. The ref went over and reported #34 (which is Elijah). I came unglued screaming. So did the coach. Nothing. About 30 seconds later there was a time out. Right in front of me the other two refs talk to the third ref telling him that he reported the wrong number and that the foul was on #4. He refused to go to the table, admit he made a mistake and change it. That gave Elijah his 4th foul so he was on the bench most of the rest of the game and without him we lost by 15 points. Truly the most frustrating turn of events.

This is him getting ready to block out. He is third leading in rebounds and steals.... and the two in front of him played four more games than he did (plus they are both always on the court where is isn't). 

He tells me he never grabs. 

What do you think?

Sunday was a Lego kind of day. A lazy kind of day which is a perfect way to spend Spring break with the schedule we have. Olivia and I did go to town and get her a pair of tennis shoes. (Got Lucas some on Saturday because Mandy chewed one up). We got take out and I watched my shows all evening. Emily is with her cousins getting a much needed break from her little siblings. She's been babysitting a lot with Homer gone so I can coach sports and go to the gym. The diet is going good and I love, love exercising. (Never thought I'd say that again), but I don't think I've lost enough to win the contest. I've got 28 days (I think) to go. I have no idea how the other people are doing so it's just a guess that I'm not winning, but I can tell you I feel so much better.

I just got a phone call. Elijah was going with his friend snowboarding. The kid, driving too fast, rolled his truck going down Chena Ridge. Of course, Elijah was not wearing his seat belt. The Good Samaritan who came upon the accident felt it appropriate to tell the trooper he wasn't so he got a ticket. (like the accident wasn't enought). He  is damn lucky he isn't hurt or dead. This is his second accident without a seat belt. I can talk until I am blue in the face, but unless I spend every second with him there is nothing I can do about it. He must be a cat and he sure is chipping away at his nine lives. Look back up at that scar on his head and then  you'll know why I live every single day of my life with anxiety built up in my chest making me a edgy person. Exercise has helped with that and I think yoga is in order. There is nothing NOTHING NOTHING that compares to a Mom's Stress over her kids.

5 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Your nails look great!

Good going on the gym. Tony went with me today and trained me. Apparently I don't push myself hard enough. He got me to move much more weight than I normally do. I think I'll be sore tomorrow.

Holly said...

Weight loss isn't about the number on the scale, or how your number compares to other peoples, its about how you feel inside - if you feel good then its totally worth it :)
Lucas looks super-cute with his new hair cut.

Janie said...

I'm so glad Elijah wasn't hurt in the rollover. Teenagers just can't seem to get a handle on what's good for them. Too bad his game was so frustrating, too.
Legos are great for rainy/snowy day fun. My kids spent many creative hours building with legos.

Listen To Your Mother Spokane said...

Oh my god!! Wear your seat belt, E!!!

On a lighter note, I love the expression business in the front party in the back.

Arizaphale said...

Oh my! Elijah!!!!! What is it with the testosterone rich? they think they are invincible!!!!! I've got to say that here in Aus there has been a major cultural shift around seatbelts. It is pretty rare for someone NOT to wear one. The fines started it but it was some of the photos they showed about people going through glass that really scared people into using them. Meanwhile, great haircuts! Lucas is so cute. That business with Elijah in the game...how frustrating!!!! I would have found it very hard to stay civil about that! Congrats on the diet. I am so ashamed. I have missed exercise over the last week or so, went back today and tried to lift my flabby body through a step class. Not a success. :-( I need inspiration.