The White House

The White House

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fun at the Park

I sure hope I can quit whining about slow Internet soon. This morning it's taking forever for pages to load. Did a speed test and my download is .30 Mbps and my upload is .14 Mbps. I got an F- rating compared to the National averages. Nice. 

After we dropped off the car we picked up some Subway and went to the park. It was a beautiful morning/early afternoon yesterday.

 We rode the train that circles the park twice. We haven't done that in a few years I don't think.


Some time was spent on the playground.


And we sat on the dock watching ducks before heading home.

The day was a bust for work, but that's okay. I'm kind of burnt out (lacking in motivation again today). I was right. Elijah freaked out and there was a lot of  drama before he finally got into the truck for his chiropractor appointment and then went to football. He is increasing more angry, explosive and has a lot of really mean words. He's sure been a challenge to raise, but that's life... loving all your children, even the one's that aren't "perfect". I'd like to get him into therapy to see how much of this behavior he was born with (he's learning disabled with behavior issues), how much is a result of some childhood events that weren't exactly great and how much stems from his head injury (that could be causing a shift in personality), but getting an almost 17-year old to cooperate with a mom that he hates (at the moment) and a family he thinks is out to get him isn't always possible. I keep thinking what a great break it will be when he goes to school, but I'm afraid I am in for one of the worst years yet. I'm not having a lot of confidence in success right now. :(

At 4:00am Millie was barking and barking. I went out and looked off the deck and towards the barn animals seeing nothing. I went back to bed, but she wouldn't give up. At 5:00am I went out to do a walk about and found two moose eating my flowers. I ran for the camera and got three crappy shots. It was dusky and the porch light messed me up to, but I think you'll get the idea.

The Mama was inside the fence eating flowers and the calf was outside (I wonder if she was eating my Zinnia's?). 


I hollered and clapped my hands which spooked the little one. She turned, went through the gate and headed off. 

 But not without stopping and giving me the stare down letting me know if she felt like staying she could and there's nothing I can do about it. Now that she's had a taste she'll probably be back tonight. Boo!

I'm not sure how much damage she did. It's wet and cold from raining all night. I have zero motivation to even step out side my doors, but really should buck up. It's just going to get colder every day and there are lots of things that need done before the white stuff falls. Yesterday was a play day.... do you supposed I'll get anything done today?


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Moose in your own back yard, something my Hugh would only dream about.Counselling not always works, and sometimes it just takes years of growing up to get their life sorted to normality.As you say, so many things contribute.Hope some flowers survived the overnight feast. Cheers, Jean

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh, moose snacking on your flowers. Great photos.

I do hope better, healthier times are in store for Elijah.

Enjoying the ducks floating along would be oh so nice.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Looked like a fun day at the park. Having moose in your yard is very cool!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Gayle ~ Could you email me through my profile, as I'm not sure I've got your right email address.

Thanks and hope today is a good one for you.

FlowerLady