The White House

The White House

Friday, June 22, 2012

One Last Funny

 

For those of you that take the time to read my blog and comment I am forever grateful. You have no idea how much those comments mean to me. So if you will take the time to read the post after this one I will appreciate it.

My funny:

The other day while using the coveted fish fertilizer I spilled it on my pants. It smells nasty. I stripped down to my underwear to run in the front door, but it was locked. Really? I ran around the front as my husband pulled in the yard. All he could ask was “why are you in your underwear”. Such is life.

Second funny: For the first time ever I turned on the hose in the greenhouse. A child needed me so I ran inside. I forgot. This morning my husband woke to find my greenhouse flooded, the driveway flooded into the road and my well sucking sand. How stupid is that. (Let’s hope I remember to shut off the sprinkler after typing this).

AND for those of you who take the time to read the next post and make a comment THERE… I will randomly pick one and send someone a jar of Wild Rose Jelly which is Heaven on your tongue. Thanks.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Better to be in your undies at home, than in a camping ground, and the man of your life nowhere to be found. Yes, I too have left a sprinkler on, in our so small glass house, and all the water ended up on the lawn, and ran into the stream at our boundary.I so enjoy reading your day to day lives, ups and downs, we all have them, just that some are more downs or ups than other people have. Hang on in there.Greetings from Jean

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh Gayle. Things like those two events sure make our lives interesting don't the.

Laughter is good medicine.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

gpc said...

If I ran into my front yard in my underwear, every house on the block would have a 'for sale' sign on it by the end of the day!

Merna said...

Oh Gayle,thanks for the laugh of the day. Years & years ago while kneeling & weeding at the edge of my garden I suddenly realized that I was being attached by some very tiny ants. Needless to say I had my jeans off in a flash and ran for the back door. No one was around.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

LOL! Gayle you crack me up and I think you know by now how much I love your family. FYI, 2 years ago I forgot and left the hose running in my neighbors swimming pool and when I realized that water was overflowing onto his cement pad and down the hill, I had to race over with my son and empty out a LOT of the water with 5 gallon buckets until it was back at an acceptable level. And NO, I never told him I did that either. I am a BAD girl. LOL! I want your jelly!!!

Arizaphale said...

Hey Gayle!That would have been a good moment for 'Funniest Home Videos!' And ouch on the hose. They charge us for water here in Australia!! :-D I usually do the opposite and forget to water somehting I have promised to look after. Once I had to replace all my neighbour's hanging baskets when she went away and entrusted me with keeping them alive! She was very good about it when I told her...