The White House

The White House

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday Sweet Sunday

Sunday is my favorite day because it is the one day a week my husband doesn’t have to go to work. Usually. This past Sunday we did some grocery shopping and got a new BBQ as the old one was n.a.s.t.y.

They come assembled by rocket scientists. Really. Who else would put the bottle opener on upside down?

001

I was so stoked to pick up steaks and use this that I left $5 worth of bananas in the U-Scan. I was not happy when I discovered that while making lunches this morning.

002

So while Dad worked on an alarm to alert us if the greenhouse temperature falls during the night and I cooked dinner these two got muddy. Kids love mud season. Me, not so much.

003

We had some shrimp, pineapple and shallot kabobs.

004

With grilled tomatoes topped with garlic and parmesan.

005

Grilled steaks with asparagus and potatoes also done on the grill. It was a taste bud explosion. (I didn’t take any photos, but tonight it was grilled chicken breast, corn on the cob and asparagus).

006

Check this out…. Grandpa Hutch picked this up at the platform (recycle area at the dumpsters) and asked Debbi if she thought I could use them. I can’t believe it. They are brand new!! These six pack sheets run $2-$3 each and there are 65 of them!! What great timing as I had just run out and was at a loss on what to plant the rest of my seeds in. Hutch saved the day!!

020

We did not do as much as we should have being a Spring Sunday and all, but my hubby was wore out from the really long hours this past week so we cut work short and watched a movie. It will all be here for another day.

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Boy that food all looks and sounds delicious.

How great to get those 65 trays.

I've got some seeds to plant. Bought a bag of seed potting mix yesterday.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Lori Skoog said...

That grill is motivating the heck out of you! All those six packs will come in very handy....

sandy said...

i remember from years ago Gayle, how you said it would be such a happy day when Homer got to hold his first grandchild,,,and here she is,!!! happy spring to all of you,,,love aunt sandy

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

your meals always look great. Have fun with the new grill!

Arizaphale said...

LOVE the upside down bottle opener! Hahaha! Assembled where???? Your food always looks so colourful and hearty. I am the anti-chef so I am continually humbled by the way you provide for your family. And HUGE bonus on the seed trays! I love it when stuff like that happens.