The White House

The White House

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holy Forty Below Batman!!

When I no longer define my days by court hearings, doctor appointments, meetings with educators….I wonder what I will do?

***Need to clarify….the boxes in the post below are NOT made by me. Those are the boxes we saw at the show that are homemade. I bought  boxes from Michaels and haven’t done anything with them yet, but I’ll share when I do***

First order of business was to haul in some wood to split, clean up and get a fire going. Do you make lists? Yesterday I made a list of things I wanted to get done so maybe that would increase my motivation levels.

001002

 

At 11:00am I went down to school to sell Smencils for Olivia’s class. Can you believe in one hour we sold 124 of them. That’s $155!! (The three first grade classes are raising money to take field trips in the Spring).

Due to the fact that it is take-your-breath-away-and-make-you-want-to-cry cold out the kids don’t have recess. Instead they have “Walking Club” which means they walk lap after boring lap around the school. (The kids strongly dislike Walking Club). Here is Emily and her friend Victoria saying hello as I sell Smencils.

IMAG0746

At 4:00 Elijah, Emily, Olivia, Lucas and myself met Tisha, Travis and Jadyn at Monroe to cheer for Justise who plays on Ryan’s 8th grade basketball team. She won! (And, yes, –40* below doesn’t stop the players or spectators….the forecast has lows to –25* through at least Tuesday so if we stopped for cold we’d stop for a long time). Justise is in the green on the far side.

IMAG0747

After the game the girls and Tisha came up for taco dinner. She brought Sparkling Cider for the kids….Olivia gets the most excited about it. Elijah was here, too, but wasn’t in the mood for tacos.

003

004

Justise helped Lucas work in his ABC Book. He really hangs on her every step! Isn’t it odd how the fire looks out, but it really was burning? After realizing they were laying on concrete, Homer and Elijah carried the loveseat downstairs so now we can be cozy by the fire.

005

It was also a Survivor night. I’ve been watching that with my kids for the last 11 years. I love it.

So about that list……

split wood, clean kitchen, mop floors, sell Smencils, court hearing, schedule meetings, clean living room, vacuum, 2 loads of laundry (only did one), sort bills, family dinner, sew gators

Not too bad for a success level although it was kind of a wimpy list considering what I usually expect myself to accomplish. (Plus, Emily cleaned the living room and vacuum so I can’t really count that as my accomplishment).

Making a new list today and see if I can keep myself moving. Got to or I’ll freeze!!

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

For the record, I am a list maker. Generally, if I put it on the list it gets done. However, there are a few things (like blogging) that I seem to be procrastinating about that don't get done!!! For me it works. Even if a few of the things don't get done!!