The White House

The White House

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Need A Charger

I am going on line today to see if I can find a battery charger for this smaller point and shoot. I never have photos anymore…and what’s a blog without photos? A whole lot of words.

It’s been snowing a little each day so it was time to plow. My son parked the snow machine in front of my tent blocking in the 4-wheeler. I cannot believe that I started it on the 3rd pull and that I actually rode it across the yard. Riding is something I gave up twenty years ago. I even did a couple circles in the yard like a little kid and it was fun! Plowing is hard work when it shouldn’t be. The thing-a-ma-gig that holds the plow up is broken and Mr. White is always so busy. I have to hold the plow up with one arm and drive with the other. My back is killing me at the end of an hour and a half.

001

And if my back didn’t hurt enough after plowing I split wood (with my splitter). I almost got half a cord done before my back couldn’t take anymore. The splitter is back inside keeping warm and I am going to bring in spruce to split for kindling.

002

When Olivia got home we picked up Debbi and went to the fabric store. I have a Christmas decoration gift project I want to do (like I don’t have other things that are more important…they just aren’t as fun). I can’t believe the price of fabric. Christmas fabric was $10 a yard, but 40% off. Regular Broadcloth that used to go for $2.50-$3.00 a yard was $7.99! It is no longer cheaper to make your own crafts/clothes.

003

After that we went to dinner and then met my nieces at the Holiday Marketplace (big holiday gift show in the Carlson Center…I’d like to call it a craft show, but a lot of the booths are full of things people buy from big companies and resell giving the appearance of homemade). Anyhow after two hours we were only 1/3 of the way through so we’ll be going back today to finish checking it out.

And what is a morning without complaints? The plane left my husband in before the weather got bad so now he is on the opposite side of the state and won’t be coming home today. Maybe tomorrow or Monday so he’ll miss his only day off. And that, my friends, is why I’ll never have stairs on the inside of my house.  Oh, and I can’t keep the furnace upstairs running so it’s hovering at about 62*. And the dogs got in the trash outside. I’m going to have to haul 15 boxes of recyclables. My husband said he’d take it, I packed it by the door and have been climbing over it for four days. The biggest tragedy of the morning thus far? I have no creamer or milk for my coffee. Blech!

Are you still out there? It’s been awful quite around here lately.

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're making with your craft supplies!

sandy said...

Hi Gayle,,,we're still out here,,,how come the satellite people can't just mount the dish on your roof,,,that would be the highest place,,they did that with my brothers dish and its been up there 8 years now,,,they actually put the brackets under the eve at the edge of the roof so there is no leaks,,,maybe you could get a ladder for the time being ??