The White House

The White House

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crabby Saturday

I’m grumpy and I can’t hide it. Hardly any sleep last night with the furnace going out over and over. It’s made for a long day and I’m about to lay down with the very wild Wee People to watch a movie. I hope they sit still.

This morning I split and split and split kindling for the fire. I am positive this could be done is about 10% of the time with an axe as opposed to using my splitter, but I’m not swinging an axe. This I can do as I sit by the fire. :)

004

Remember this desk?

013

All ready for more artistic masterpieces from my kids.

005

I worked on my Christmas Craft. I put together seven of these. Still need to add backing, eyes, nose and embellish. I’ll give you the full picture when I’m done.

006

Amazing what a little water will do. I still can’t believe they survived two months without anything, but they sure are blooming now. I’ve definitely got to get them some kind of light since there isn’t a window to put them by. The dark green is becoming lighter and kind of sickly looking.

009

Flowers inside while the snow falls outside makes me feel good.

010

011

Another snow storm blew in. It’s falling gently, but the change in pressure made my right knee swell up and hurt. I have so much shoveling to do and I’m not looking forward to it. I avoided outside chores today. Just too tired and cranky. Missed going to the bazaar with my nieces. I figured I wasn’t good company. Miss my husband being home. This is his only night off and tomorrow the only day. Look forward to it all week and now I’ll have to wait another week. Such is my life.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Gayle ~ I think you do more than your share around your home. Can't the kids clean up their own desk, by putting away things on their own? Why do you always have to pick up everyone's messes? They just leave everything all over in piles, etc. waiting for you to come along and clean up after them. JMHO.

I wouldn't want to use an axe either. The wood splitter sounds much nicer and looks like it does a great job. How long does a pile of wood like this last?

I'm so glad your geraniums are giving your color and joy inside, while it is snowing outside. They are all pretty.

I'm sorry your husband was not able to get back home to have his time off with you. Hang in there, he'll be back pretty soon. You both are such hard workers.

Hope today is a better one for you and that your spirits are lifted and your body in less pain.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love the look of your Christmas project. Can't wait to see it finished.

Also like the Adirondack chairs. I do think 3 different bright colors as base, then see what the kids do. Great idea! Will personalize them all.

I will be sending you a recipe for frozen yogurt!!!! Watch your email!!