The White House

The White House

Monday, October 10, 2011

Can I Cry? Wait…I Did Already.

Life throws a lot of curve balls and I’m striking out. I can’t even go into it all, but let’s just say in the middle of trying to have a normal life (birthday’s, school, Fall preparations) we’ve added custody investigator meeting, juvenile criminal court, lost jobs, new jobs (maybe), expulsion from school (third or fourth time…losing count…one hand has him banned and the other hand has him enrolled and attending classes), custody court hearing, IEP meeting for the expelled child, throwing up (not me), headaches (again not me), physical ailments (me), medical bill drama, new scary creepy stuff that I need to see the police about….the list goes on and on. Honestly, I’m tired. I just want to sew Halloween costumes and have a simple life. Not going to happen.

Saturday night the hubby went to the hospital with a friend who was ill. Ended with no news which was good news. In the meantime I made some comfort food (fried chicken, gravy, fill-your-belly stuff) and ate alone feeling sorry for myself. I don’t do the Pity Party often, but allowed myself a couple hours.

001

Sunday we worked all day moving things, hauling to the dump, clearing this area and it wasn’t very fun.  And we aren’t done, but close. Doesn’t look like much, but inside the White Thing were van seats, insulation and Styrofoam all that needed to be moved. Plus the car with the lost key that we drag with the loader. Jeez, why is everything so difficult?

002

Stuff. Always stuff to deal with.

003

Crappy photo, but see the trash pile forming?

004

Took some time to cut down about eight trees as well. We got Homer satellite for his birthday so he could watch Monday Night Football. There were trees that had to be removed. Now a pipe has to go in. Then maybe it will finally be installed.

005

Yes, we had to stop traffic because we dropped a tree on the road and then I had to sweep up branches. And the child who promised he would saw up the logs has been gone for days so now I’ll have to hire the neighbor because my husband works to much to do it all.

006

008

I took another photo of my too cool compost bins. I love them. Looks so neat and tidy. I got the entire chicken pen raked and shoveled over the fence into the bins. Now I need to shovel out the coop one last time before winter. Oh, and we got a new rooster. Little banty.

007

Totally cool rug Emily got for her birthday. Nice since she has plain brown carpet (it was bought when it was supposed to be a boys room….when she changes rooms she’ll get better carpet).

009

Homer brought her home a 37” television and the boys got her a dvd player (that lasted two days and now I have to return it because, clearly, I don’t have enough to do). Can you say spoiled loved?

010

And this is me this morning. My life has been thrown into piles since the accident in July. (This isn’t even close to being all of it). I’m sorting piles to file, pay, deal with even though I don’t want to. I need an office. Maybe when the snow flies which should be soon. It snowed in Tok (200 miles East where I grew up) Saturday, clouded up here last night so I bet it snows tomorrow. That’s my guess anyhow. No. The yard isn’t ready, but I have lawsuits to file, police to talk to, school’s to deal with, doctors to call so I’d better get back to this paperwork.

011

Please, tell me you are enjoying life. Someone has to be.

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...I have never known a family that has had such a mountain of concerns. Did you ever consider getting out of high gear and not taking on so much? It's pretty sad that you have to hire someone to help cut up the trees, when you go so far above and beyond to lend support to your son (kids). You and Homer bust your butts. I hope things settle down for all of you...

stace41971 said...

Oh Gayle..((HUGS))..when things like this happen in my life my mantra becomes "someday soon this will all be a memory". Deep breaths...this too shall pass.

Gail said...

You are in my thoughts. When things settle, you will look back at this time and laugh, wonder how you ever did it and be so glad you did.

Blessings.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I hate to be the one.... but I'm having a blast!! Beach time in Sanibel for one week!! Woo-hoo!! Shelling charter was fabulous! Weather is a little sketchy in Florida right now, but hey, we're having some fun.

On the other hand, I'm thinking of you and your family. Wishing things were going better and not like I'm extrapolating from your post. I wish I had some great words of wisdom or advice, but I don't. I can't imagine having to go through what your family is.

I don't even know you (IRL), Gayle, but my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish there was something I could do to help. If there is, will you please let me know??? Sending many positive thoughts your way!!! HUGS!! XXX