The White House

The White House

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Phone Photos

I still haven’t located my pocket camera. I last had it over a month ago before going to the hospital with Elijah thus the reason I use my phone at times. The problem with that is that Elijah has taken my phone cord. Again. To get the photos off I have to take the whole phone apart…just a real pain. So what did I find?

This was our trip to the Farmer’s Market a few weeks ago when I found out that a gallon size bag of peas would cost you $20.

IMAG0497

IMAG0498

Do you have buffalo, elk and reindeer at your Farmer’s Market? The lady in the brown jacket to the far right is the one who was advertising the baby goats for sale. It’s what got me thinking about getting one.

IMAG0499

IMAG0500

This makes me laugh because I cannot figure out where it was taken. There aren’t that many places to go in this town.

IMAG0501

August 22 was my husband’s birthday. The Little People made him a cake and then it was topped with strawberries and the wonderful blueberries I got from Wendy.

IMAG0502

Emily came over for an hour to say Happy Birthday and we played Crazy Frog on the PlayStation.

IMAG0504

The other day when Lucas and I went out to breakfast he wanted to pay himself. He’s pretty brave as he had to walk out of my sight to do this,. (He didn’t know I followed).

IMAG0507

We’ve been going to running club. I am one of the trail helpers who make sure the kids are going the right way. Lucas and Olivia are more what you’d call “walkers”. Olivia isn’t into sports in general, but I see no problem with getting some exercise. Lucas was an animal playing soccer, but apparently he needs it to be more of a contest to really get into it. I’m sure it doesn’t help that they’ve been sick the past week as well.

IMAG0510

IMAG0511

IMAG0512

This was Emily’s first day. She doesn’t like competition, but she is a very fast runner. If she was able to get into shape she would no doubt be the best, but she also got sick and was only able to get one practice in before today’s race.

IMAG0514

IMAG0515

This is when we went to Delta to pick up Sophie. She’s just a little doll.

IMAG0516

Wednesday’s I volunteer at school. First I went to computer lab for 35 minutes with Olivia.

IMAG0518

Then I helped with lunch and an activity for an hour in Lucas’ room. (He’s watching a show on animals while he eats).

IMAG0519

OMG…how cute is that?

IMAG0521

Then I went to Emily’s math class. There wasn’t really anything for me to do in class so I spent an hour copying and laminating for the math teacher.

IMAG0522

There was a terrible loss at the kids’ school this week. Tuesday morning a boy in Emily’s science and math classes was run over by a woman who flew through a stop sign, through a group of kids walking to school, through a fence, into a boat and car and then tried backing out hitting mailboxes. They have not determined what her level of incapacitation was (she was 68), but she will be arraigned today for manslaughter. The young boy was taken off life support last night. Ironically, the family had just moved to town two weeks ago for the mother’s teaching job and they are from Nome where Homer grew up. Such a senseless tragedy for this family. It’s really shaken up the neighborhood as so many kids walk to school each day.

4 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

So sad. Was the woman drunk or ill?

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

OMG- what a horrible tragedy. That is heartbreaking to hear. LOVED the photo of Lucas with the pencil. TOO cute!!

anymommy said...

It is always amazing to me how much you have going on in your life. I'm so shocked and sad to read about the little boy's death. The community must be reeling.

Your kiddos are the cutest running their awesome races ... and your new kid is adorable. I want to drive my kids up there right now; they would be in HEAVEN.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my goodness...how sad. :( my heart goes out to his family.