The White House

The White House

Monday, August 29, 2011

Remember the Camera

I’m having a hard time remembering to take photos these days. Heck, I’m having a hard time remembering a lot of stuff. Like stopping at red lights. Thank God for passengers who are paying attention.

Overwhelmed with ugly.  I hate ugly. Really. I do.

Moving on to things I can remember….I have to clean and store all the gardening stuff. *Note to self* Do not save it all until Fall. Clean as you go.
I got started and my back hurt immediately.
001
It doesn’t look like much, but when separated it is actually hundreds and hundreds of items to be sprayed and dipped in bleach water then set out to dry. No, I did not finish. Emily and Olivia helped. We still have a lot to do.
002
Is this cool or what? It will be a shelter for Daisy in the winter. It actually came home to be my new and bigger tool shed. It had a very nice shelf and cabinet in it as well as electricity, but tonight it was ripped out. (I should have gotten a photo). As much as I wanted to hog it to myself, I know that I would only be in it a handful of times. Daisy has lived outside in the cold….very well I might add…..for four years now, but I’d like her to have some place dry and warm to go this winter. She is getting older now.003
What a mess! Trash, stuff. Ug. The fence had to come down as it wasn’t finished. It was a lot of work for hubby on Sunday…and wouldn’t you know this is a teaser. I don’t have any more photos. He put the shed in place and worked on the fence all the while stomping six baby voles (while I let Mama get away). I’ll get some updated shots tomorrow.
004
006
Tonight I picked an Early Girl, Sweet 100’s and Golden Nuggets (which we’ve decided we don’t like), one kohlrabi (there are many more) and my tiny head of cabbage (as I started it too late).
007
Sunday my niece helped me pick the peas. Still need to weight them. Oh, on Sunday I also had a friend from our hockey days stop by with several nights worth of pizza, fresh silver salmon from Valdez, comics for Elijah and a desk for the little ones. What an awesome thing to do. It was so nice to talk to her for an hour or so, and her kindness came in a real hour of need. Medical, Educational, Legal and Custody battles consume Homer, mine and the kids’ lives. It’s nice to not have to think about dinner.
009
I also picked Danver’s  #126 carrots for the kids’ lunches this week. That’s only 2.5 pounds. With the work that I have to put into them the store should charge more for a 5-lb. bag!
010
It’s late. We have a lot of sickness. Cut cross-country short tonight and had 4 of 5 kids asleep at 8:40pm. Unheard of!!
Hope they all feel better soon.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Gayle ~ I do hope all of you will soon be feeling much better, physically,emotionally and spiritually. I'm sorry that someone has come into your lives who is giving you all such grief.

What a sweet thing for your friend to do for you all.

Daisy's winter abode is going to be so nice for her. I can just see her snuggled down in there.

It's hard to believe you are getting ready for winter already.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Lori Skoog said...

You have done an amazing job growing all your veggies. They look gorgeous.
Nice house for Daisy! Sorry you have so many negative things going on...it keeps such a weight on your shoulders, when you could be enjoying life. How is Elijah doing? Could we have an update?