The White House

The White House

Thursday, October 21, 2010

*side note*

*side note to answer a question*

Yes, Rusty has been neutered, but it wasn't until he was several years old and had been used for breeding. I also have a breeding female in the house so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

He is kennel trained and goes in the kennel at night. I can't leave him in a kennel all day and the second he is loose in the house he makes his rounds to mark. You cannot take your eyes off him for a second which is what happened yesterday when I had a child in charge of watching him. Bad idea.

I really think the play pen would work nicely. I have plenty of room and it would put him out with the family in a comfy bed. Not really any different than lounging on the couch except I don't have to keep an eye on him. I believe Rusty is 6 (I need to look that up) so he mostly sleeps all the time anyhow.

3 comments:

stace41971 said...

Male dogs can be so frustrating! I have yet to find something to stop them once they start....I'm sure there are tricks out there...I just haven't found one...or have had the patience to follow through maybe...I think a playpen would work well :)

Janie said...

A playpen does sound like a good solution to the problem...

Janie said...

I want one of those digital picture frames. They're cool.
Hope the pigeon wasn't too hard to catch!