The White House

The White House

Monday, September 27, 2010

There's A Tint Of White

After taking way too long to make cinnamon rolls yesterday I went out to pick up a few things around the yard. Millie spent about an hour running around and then it was Roxie's turn. Rusty doesn't get a turn. He runs for the hills as fast as he can if let loose. Roxie was such a good girl. She never got very far from us and was having a lot of fun.

I scanned the front yard and actually like the simplicity of it. After four summers of the flower gardens I'm bored with them. I think I could actually pack away the rocks, spread out the dirt and start over. I'm not going to because they are so many other things more deserving of my time, but I would if I could.

It is 19 degrees this morning and there is a little dusting of snow. *Insert any kind of nasty face you can think of because I don't like it*. Homer worked really hard yesterday cleaning up "his" area. He took two trips to the dump and there's one more ready to go today. Almost everything is stored in his semi-trailer or underneath it and in or next to my connex. I think that is the most organized it has been since we moved here seven years ago! I love it! One more day and it should be done.


We still have the chicken coop to finish up and the greenhouse roof needs to go on. Then there is the wood we never split....but after that it is inside home improvement projects. *Insert big smiley face since I won't have to go outside for a long time!*

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A hint of white already? Yikes. No wonder you've been rushing around like a crazy lady. Your beds do look nice cleaned out. I like their rock borders.

Take it easy Lady, doing what you can, and get some help from your kids. They live there too. Just my 2 cents worth. You use it, you put it up, as the saying goes.

I hope your headache is a thing of the past and not still lingering.

Cinnamon rolls sound great, especially with freezing weather. I'm sure everyone enjoyed them.

You are really a hard worker, and I hope they all appreciate all that you do around there.

It was nice of your one son and his friend to empty the beds and fence planters.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle..you could finish lining you pool with all those rocks! 19!~!!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Lori's right. If you decide to reduce the number of beds you have (and some of the work you go through to prepare/plant and maintain) you could definitely use the rocks around the pool. Your yard would look just as lovely and green without so many beds.

Here's to getting to the inside work. Some stairs would be nice!!

Make sure you save some time for you and Homer to relax!

Patty said...

Wow, 7 years already? Where has the time gone....

Tink *~*~* said...

I have a capital idea. If you are bored with the flowers, grow fruits and veggies. Can and freeze what you can for your family and give the overflow to the soup kitchen or community pantry in town. There, problem solved.

5 cents, please :p

Dr. Tink *~*~*

Alice Audrey said...

I love your plant room. Not as much as the garden, though.