The White House

The White House

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where Was I?

After 19 years living in Fairbanks one would think I would remember that the Golden Days Parade starts at 10am not noon. When I realized it we flew out the door as evidenced by Olivia's hair. I really need a grandma around to take care of that! We made it to the end of the parade route at 11:15 and only missed the fire trucks and two floats. I was relieved.

Of course, the memory card for the camera was at the house so I used my phone. I think the photos are just as good! The parade was a lot longer, but my phone went dead. Here's a sampling of what we saw. There were a ton of politicians, but I only took a photo of Lisa Murkowski for US Senator. The kids got a little bit of candy, and as my luck would have it I sat next to a split-personality neurotic woman and her extremely patient husband. Thousands of people and I get her...why? She went from talking to laughing to crying about her arm pain to talking....etc all in the same minute. For two hours.

When I got home everyone was very hungry. You know...because we ran out the door.

The grass on the edge of the pond was out-of-control and I couldn't take it anymore. I can't use the weed-whacker or it will all go in the pond so I spent several hours pulling it. Eventually the rocks will go to the fence and hide that pipe.

See the difference. This is half-way done. With the grass you can barely tell there are flowers from in the yard. Now I can enjoy them, too!

The Wee People did a lot of this while I worked. It also rained off and on, but I worked through it determined to finish.

Later we took Daisy for a walk. It calmed her down considerably. What's it look like at your house at 9:15pm? When we got back we made a fire and sat out there until almost midnight.

Sunday Mr. White and I began the day by reading the paper out by the pond. Nice way to start the day. After that he set me up a filter and I climbed in the pool to do some cleaning until it was time to go to a party.

Our neighbor set up a 100-foot visqueen slip 'n slide. Around 20 people took a run at it and there was another 15 who didn't. We had deep fried halibut, salads, cake, beer and martinis. It was quite a night! Lucas went around and around and around. He loved it!

I finally bribed Elijah into a few runs down the hill, but never did get Nick to go. There's Dave...this is his creation.

Then it was Monday. Elijah had football practice from 9:00am until 5:00pm. I sat and watched a little in the afternoon. Truth be told if it were possible I would sit there all day. I enjoy watching even if he is just running! I don't think Olivia and Lucas would be much interested in 8 hours in the bleachers though.

Nick had to be down at the school at noon for photos and then practice from 2:00-8:00pm I was too lazy to get out of the car for a good photo when I picked him up, but there's the team. They have practice like this all week. Next weekend are the first games.


Queen-Size funny bone said...

you always have your camera handy which is lucky for us.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

That slip & slide looks AWESOME!! My daughter would LOVE it! You guys know how to have a good time!

Patty said...

Love the Lucas slip and slide picture!
We were right by the TVC building during the parade. Sorry we missed you.

Janie said...

Nice parade, but not good to be next to the neurotic woman.
I never heard of taking a sheep for a walk, but Daisy does seem to like it.
The slip and slide looks like lots of fun!