The White House

The White House

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let's Warm Up Already!

Yep. I'm tired of -20 to -40 depending on where you are. At 1:30pm my home was already losing the sun behind the hill.

But at 3:30pm Nick and Hallie went further up in elevation to the monument where they caught the last of the sun setting over the valley.

Hallie said this was Nick eating the sun.

Here's Hallie with the Tiger Lily's Nick got her for her 16th birthday. (It's her favorite flower).
Dinner tonight: salad, steak with sauteed garlic and onions, chicken rice, glazed carrots, green bean and rolls.

I love when we eat together.

Today, is Hallie's 16th birthday. Nick brought her flowers to school and then came home and baked her a cake all by himself. They both went out to dinner to Brewster's with her dad and grandparents.

Nick and Elijah chopped (a teeny tiny bit of) wood. Emily hauled it in and the Wee People stacked it.

Dad stayed home with Emily, Olivia and Lucas while I took Elijah to his game. (Nick went to Hallie's to watch a movie). Here's Elijah takin' it to the hoop. The team came up with another win against a tough opponent. I could watch that kid play all day long.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm not a big fan of cold (part of the reason why I live in the south!) but I really don't know if I could handle so much darkness. The photos are amazing however...they look like they are on top of the world! but how are they out there without gloves and Hallie's not wearing a hat!

Janie said...

I love the sunset pictures. So beautiful, and it's nice to see the young folks enjoying it, too.

Bethany said...

Sooo cold looking but those sunset pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!