The White House

The White House

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

500 Baby!

Where does an entire week go? Well, let's see...

Elijah had a baseball game last Friday. It was so cold, windy and rainy. I kept score and my fingers got so cold I could barely write. It really wasn't that much fun.



Look who is giving me the eye. They are twice that size now!


The plants in the greenhouse need to be planted outside so badly, but I'm having time issues. So much to do...


On Sunday Dad added another 9000 gallons to the pool. It's getting there.

While Dad hauled water Olivia helped me plant some beans.

But mostly there was just a lot of sitting by the water...

...and tons of swinging so I didn't get a lot of work done. Oh, and the big boys were in town biking and just hanging with their friends.

On Monday Elijah had another game. They called this one in the 5th due to the ten-run rule. We won 13-3. I don't take photos like I did last year since I now keep score every game. Before going to the outfield he played catcher.

After the game I ended up with a few extras. (Another reason why I don't ever seem to get my work done). We ended up watching a movie.


Someone left Daisy's gate unlatched. When Dad got up in the morning to go to work she had eaten all the broccoli and the goose was in the pool. Luckily, I had extras and was able to replant right away.

Two summers ago I planted the ditch line and kept it mowed. It was really pretty. Last summer I didn't mow it and it was out-of-control. It didn't look so hot. I've decided to groom things again, but the grass was so long.

After two passes without the bag and two passes with the bag I called it good. Now I'll water like crazy and hopefully have green grass once again.

While I sweated in the 70-something weather the boys went to town with their friends and Emily and Olivia played in the water. I was tempted more than once to join them!

Now there is this mess of leaves to clean. I'm telling you there aren't enough hours in the day. I really need to get the petunias planted as they are so root bound, but tonight Nick has a soccer game at 6:00pm and Elijah has a baseball game at 7:00pm. If I hurry and post this I can plant for an hour....I wouldn't dream of not going to the games. I guess these leaves will wait for another day.
Last night I took Lucas and Emily for a 4-wheeler ride down this trail. We stopped once and were almost carried away by the mosquitoes. No kidding. I got us back home quickly....if I would have run out of gas we would have been eaten alive!


Well, here they are. The hands that toil in the garden. I cannot get the dirt stains out. Really. Guess I should soak them one of these evenings. It doesn't look so appealing.


Well, folks, there you have it, my 500th post. Blogger is a popular place for contests and give-a-ways and I don't want to be a slacker (unless I was to be a Sanibel Slacker and then that would be okay). Anyhow, leave me a comment. In a few days I'll do one of those random number generator thingies and send the chosen one a t-shirt from Alaska 'cause I'm cool like that! :) Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

B said...

Holy cow woman!! I thought I was busy but you have me beat. So we need to meet halfway...like the Yukon or something for coffee sometime...LOL.

Your yard is awesome and you are one great Mom to always be there for your kids.

Happy 500th post..doubt I'll win since I am #1 to post but wanted to let you know I love reading about your busy days.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

other kids are always attracted to nice fun families. Your place is shaping up nicely and you work so hard that I hope everything grows beautifully. You are one heck of a gal and such a lovely family. I truly enjoy a corner of a window into your life. thanks for sharing.

Janie said...

It's not surprising that your week flew by, with all that going on.
The pool is looking great, the greenhouse is beautiful, and of course your kids are the cutest. My hands are looking a little work-soiled these days, too. I consider it a badge of honor...

Lori Skoog said...

That's it in a nutshell. You made up for lost time!

Amanda said...

Whoot, good job on 500 posts!!!! I'd type more but I'm in bed, and hubs is asleep on my one arm! :(

Gennasus said...

Your 500th post, just like all your other posts, was well worth a visit. There's always so much going on over at yours, I'm amazed at what you fit in! Looking forward to the next 500.

I loved seeing the kids in the pool, they seem to have so much fun. If I'd had the choice, I'd have wanted to grow up in your house!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Hey Gayle! You got a lot accomplished again this week! I bet the kids can't wait for that pool to be filled.

You must go to bed exhausted. I envy your drive and determination.

Snowbird said...

Good lord, woman, slow down. I think you have earned yourself some Sanibel Slacker time. Come on down!!!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

OMG!! Are you sure you did enough last week?? You make my life look pretty tame and lame!! By all means, take some time to soak your hands... And your feet, if you want. You deserve a little soak!! Join the kids in the dang pool....

Tara said...

omg, I thought of you in the shower today....uhm....WEIRDO!

No, actually, it was because my feet are like your hands and it always makes me smile because it reminds me that it's summer and if my feet are so filthy I can't even SCRUB the dirt off, then that must mean I'm properly enjoying the time God gives us in the sun! Thank God for summer!

Patty said...

Jared has the same black socks that Nick is wearing!