The White House

The White House

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Holy Migration Batman!

Ya'll ain't gonna believe this!
(Ya, I shoulda been from the South... :)
Put a little pool of water in the yard
and look who shows up!



Apparently this gem is visiting from the Tropics.

This gentlemen and his mistress arrived on the Titanic.

I think this gal here had one too many
cocktails on the flight.

Little House on the Prairie on her way to church.


Oh, a mouse in the house!
This guy was sent by my friend Tink.
I'm just sure of it.


Another pretty girl on vacation.

These lovely cowpokes travelled from
the San-I-Bel Dude Ranch.
Personally, I think this guy looks a little shady.
I think he's originally from Lutz.
Maybe he has an ace up his wing.

Just in case ya'll ain't buyin' my crap-ola here's my partner in crime....
Ya...that's duct tape.

Oh ya...and the water is flowin' down the fall. See all that black? It needs covered in rocks. With the price of gas and it being 30 miles to Chena Lakes (with a $5 per car entry fee) to go swimming maybe I could charge a two-rocks-per-person entry fee and get the neighbors to swim here instead. Worth a try.

Night Mary Ellen.

21 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...you are one funky artist. Love the flamingos.
Duncan is the English style lab, and their body type is different...heavier and wider. Your dog looks fine to me!

Janie said...

In the first pho to, I thought they were real birds. Flamingoes would be a little unusual in Alaska, I'll bet!
Cute photos. Glad the pool is on its way to full.

Renee said...

You had me in the first photo but after that...too funny!

Snowbird said...

Where does one buy that many flamingos in Alaska? That was just too funny!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

What a riot!! Are they to keep the moose out of your yard??

Tink *~*~* said...

I had no idea that the migratory pattern of flamingos included a pit stop in Alaska! I hope they enjoy their visit.

Tink *~*~*

Patty said...

that's funny Gayle! Cute picture of Olivia. Does she start kinder this year?

B said...

Nice touch with the flamingos!! Loved how you have a story for each of them.

You are way ahead of me for planting and yard work. I may get the garden in today...may...

Corey~living and loving said...

That is just too much fun. :)

anymommy said...

Your projects are awesome and these photos are hilarious.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia ... I came here from Corey's blog.

I was in Alaska recently, on the Top of the World Highway.

What a great blog you have here. Must come back .....

Anonymous said...

I thought they were real too, at first. Fun post...here from POTD.

Love the prankster in chief.

Veri word is marines: well they are water birds arn't they?

Becky said...

You had WAY too much fun dressing those flamingos;) Lol!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Very clever! Congrats on your POTD mention at David's :-)

Gennasus said...

You almost had me with those flamingos!

I am in awe of how much you have been doing. I really must make more of an effort with my garden (which is fast turning into a jungle!!)

Cheffie-Mom said...

Okay, so I thought the flamingo was real in the first photo! Love this post! So fun! Congrats on the Post of the Day Award from authorblog!

Chris said...

All you need now is a Flamingo Dancer and a Flamingo Guitarist and you'll have the complete set!

(Yes, I know. It's "Flamenco")

Unknown said...

Insert clapping smiley here for the flaming-hoes!!!!!Love it,love it,love it.
And I wondered where one of our's went to.Must be too hot for it here in Florida.

Leenie said...

Think pink, add hats and duct tape and you have a party! I left a comment on your Marathon Post before I realized I had gone past the first set of comments. Hope to visit again!

Rayne said...

My mother would totally twist herself into knots with envy for your flamingo family. She absolutely adores those things but my stepfather has made her promise 'just a few' for their yard.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! They are so colorful and beautifully decorated!