The White House

The White House

Monday, March 30, 2009

What's Happenin'?

What's been going on at the White House? We made play dough, and Olivia made her name all by herself!

Lucas got some help.

Nick's car came home! We've got to do the registration/tags before he can drive it, but having it at the house let's him tinker with it. Dad is so good to that boy!

Saturday Elijah hit the mountain. It's the final weekend at Birch, and he entered a snowboard competition doing tricks on the rails. There were 19 competitors (some as old as 17 and 24...he's 13) and he won! I hear from others the crowd was ahhhing over him. He got a $35 gift certificate of Mission Board Shop (skateboarding). Unfortunately, he didn't get to enter the Big Air Competition on Sunday (he got 2nd in that last year) because he had to finish a book report he has put off for a month. I'm sure he didn't learn his lesson and will do it again. Nick went out and hit the slopes Sunday, but didn't enter the competition. He said the snow was too sticky to get good air.

Here's the Bloom Ball he made for his book report.

My computer has been tied up burning 72 photo Cd's and DVDs for the wrestling team. I am so glad to be done with that. Now I have until Saturday to edit and burn the same for basketball! Ug!

I even got a bit more done on one of my Pay-It-Forward projects.
We've been really busy around the house and I'll share more tomorrow. I think Spring is finally here. It was in the 30's this weekend, but it will take quite awhile to get rid of all this snow! I so detest the muddy season, but it's the only way to get to summer so I'll deal with it!

5 comments:

Janie said...

No kidding you've been busy. Your household is always into all kinds of things. And that's great, even though I'll bet you sometimes wish for a quiet day.
You'll get it... about the time your last kid finishes college!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Wow, that is gorgeous - love the colors and the pattern. What a nice talent you have.

Jess said...

you sure have been busy! Congrats on the snowboarding win! That's awesome!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

WOW! That's a lot of CD/DVD's!! And just for wrestling!! My eye's would go buggy sitting in front of the computer so long doing that! I hope the other parents (etc.) appreciate what you do!!

Snowbird said...

Way to go Elijah! My grandson is in to snowboarding. For him,when snowboard season is over, life is pretty much over. I think he needs to move to Alaska where the season is a tad longer than in Ohio.

BTW, when do you sleep woman? You have to be the busiest person I know.