The White House

The White House

Monday, March 30, 2009

tackle it Tuesday

There's a lot going on around the White House these days. If I could do even more, I would!

This is not a functional mess (yes, I do have messes that are functional). I can't scrapbook because everything is in a huge pile, and I can't get anything out of the freezer.


My dear husband put up some shelves and voila! The freezer is still in the way, but it will be moved outside shortly.

This is the livingroom we abandoned when moving downstairs. It's been out-of-sight-out-of-mind as I only had to look at the mess when I went up to bed or went down in the morning. I got pretty good at not turning my head that direction!

Planting season is upon us (should have started two weeks ago!) so Mr. Wonderful put up some shelves for me. This is going to be my grow room for this year. Next he'll hang the lights on the shelves and I'll get to planting.

11 comments:

L2L said...

wow, you did an amazing job, bet you burned alot of calories with these tackles. do hope you post pics of your growing room, how neat!!!

Faith - That's Just Freaking Lovely said...

Wow you've been busy .. Everything looks great! I've been meaning to start some flowers for the yard, then I remembered that I don't know what I'm doing and need to learn what to plant and how to start it. Maybe that will be my tackle for next week, lol.

B said...

Can I borrow your husband? Would he like a free trip to the sunny, windy prairies of Canada where the land is so flat you can watch your dog run away for days...lol.

I know someday my husband will do these things too..when he finally lives here once again and not in a college dorm.

Great tackle, you must be planting a whole lot of stuff.

Frugal Sara said...

Ooo I love your shelves. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

You must grow a big garden!!

Pattycakes said...

All the extra room, must be so great for you!

Mo said...

perfect spot for a growing space...great tackle! Wish I had that kind of gumption this week!

anymommy said...

I should be inspired to tackle my own mess, but I'm waiting for spring ;-)

Carla said...

Wowzers! In your free time (harhar) you wanna zip on down to ETexas and do my house and shed?

Your new 'grow' area is perfect!!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I wish my DH would make some shelves for me! Great tackles!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Fabulous tackle!