The White House

The White House

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is brought to us by the Simple Woman with the idea of looking at the simple beauties around us.





FOR TODAY January 19, 2009

Outside my window...well, I don't have a window by my computer anymore. Just a brick wall, but if I was by the window I would see snow flurries.

I am thinking...about my husband. The best part of my day is when he walks through the door from work and into my arms.

I am thankful for...our strong marriage.

From the kitchen...I smell the lunch we just ate.

I am wearing...fuzzy jammies!

I am creating...a CD for the high school wrestlers.

I am going...to start planning a family vacation. My husband and I really want to spend time at the beach with the kids.

I am reading...Lord of the Flies with my son, Nick, for his English class.

I am hoping...to find time to start planning my gardens. It's almost time to order seeds and get them growing.

I am hearing...giggles of children as they play basketball, the clink of pool balls and the music of XBox.

Around the house...we are trying to get things organized. There is so much to bring downstairs and get set up.

One of my favorite things...is snuggling on the couch with my husband (which is seriously impeding our progress on the house! :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: I will be watching and photographing six basketball games and one hockey game, planning a Big Birthday Bash and working hard to get the house organized!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Olivia took this photo this fall. (She was 3 and a half at the time). I'm looking forward to spending time with her in the garden this summer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you possibly be thinking of a beach in Florida ?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I was wondering the same thing. :-) Or, are there beaches in Alaska?

Tink *~*~* said...

Well, count me among the Floridians who are wondering what beach you will be taking your family to! And most importantly - do they have shells?

:)

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*