The White House

The White House

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman does a Monday meme for "taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those of us who are focusing on simplicity". I"m not so sure I fit the bill because I focus on anything but simplicity, but it's fun to do...


FOR TODAY January 26, 2009

Outside my window...it is pitch black. The sun will not rise for another two hours (9:54am), and it is about 15 above. There is supposed to be some snow flurries today!

I am thinking...that I should do a bunch of house work before the little ones get up, but I am content to drink my coffee and blog.

I am thankful for...my husband. He has an amazing way of not letting things get to him.

From the kitchen...the dishwasher needs emptied and reloaded. I think the babies and I will bake some cookies today.

I am wearing...my jammies and hubby's wool socks.

I am creating...a space for the little ones to play. We are still moving all their toys downstairs and they need an area all to themselves.

I am going...to give five dogs a bath today.

I am reading...Lord of the Flies with Nick for his English class.

I am hoping...to get things more organized downstairs.

I am hearing...only the hum of the computer. Silence is so calming. Another ten minutes until I wake Elijah.

Around the house...construction has stopped while we renewed our energy. Time to get back to work (a little bit!) :)

One of my favorite things...is listening to Olivia and Lucas talk to their dad on the phone. Their little voices are so cute, and Olivia always asks for pocselopes (Popsicles).

A few plans for the rest of the week: Elijah has two basketball games, Nick has one basketball game and I will photograph the four varsity game as well.

Here is picture thought I am sharing


This is Olivia when she was 6-7 months old. I really miss those days!

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute picture. I enjoyed your daybook. Have a wonderful day.

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook! Thanks also for stopping by my blog. The sunsets pictured below this entry are gorgeous. I love our sunsets here, too. I think that they're beautiful no matter where you go! Have fun spraying the snow! Cheers from Nebraska! :)

Corey~living and loving said...

Love the baby in the basket. :)

Anonymous said...

Now that's a cutie in a basket!