The White House

The White House

Monday, January 26, 2009

Manic Monday *snow*

Mo at It's A Blog Eat Blog World brings us Manic Monday...this week the word is snow.





It's snowing right now. Dusting the swing seats.

People "Outside" ride snow mobiles and use snow machines on their ski slopes. In Alaska we ride snow machines and make snow with snow makers for our ski slopes. Or maybe we make snow with snow machines, too. Hmmm? When I was a kid I rode a sno-go....you know, it goes in the snow! This one is Elijah's. We figured since he was the first to crash it it should be his. He rides it the most anyhow. We'd like to get Nick his own before next winter.



Our poor ole dump truck looks so cold. It's done a great job for us hauling dirt, sand and gravel. She probably deserves a warm garage.

There's the pool. Doesn't look to inviting, does it? See the tracks in it? That would be my little moose friend I call Jack. He ate my apple trees so Hubby thought (Apple) Jack was funny. I guess this fall we'll have to wait and see if he's a Jackie. Anyhow, he took a wild ride down the slippery slope and hasn't ventured in the pool again.

Uh, I don't think we've made a fire in the fire pit for awhile.
A month of -30 will do that.


Hard to believe this will all be grass in five months.
ACK!! Five months! I can't wait that long!

When we have snow flurries (like today) the sky is so gray. The trees so naked.

Like snow? Visit Mo for more Manic Monday!

6 comments:

Polly said...

I have to say that your last picture, although it looks a little cold, looks absolutely beautifully peaceful! I can't imaging that long of a winter! You're brave!

Tara said...

It's gray and dreary here today, too. I think my kids are ready to call in a new mom. Poor kids.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures. The swing set looks to be smiling and the angle is great. I also love the truck and am rooting for its warm garage :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I cannot believe there is not a child in that swing seat.

Travis Cody said...

The pictures are beautiful, but I don't know how I'd do in that kind of winter.

Happy MM!

Anonymous said...

Funny when you mentioned it was snowing on the swing seats, I expected to see a beautiful smiling little face when I scrolled down to look. :-)

I like snow and love looking at your photos. I just can't take the cold that has to come with it. Wow, 5 more months is a long time and seems like it's been there that long already.

For me, the best pass time I had during snowy days, was baking. If winter lasted that long then, I wouldn't have been able to fit through the door when Spring came. :-)