The White House

The White House

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Did I ever share my new couches with you? We just LOVE them so if you've seen them...you're seeing them again! :) See the green curtain in the back? I whipped that up one day with a stash of fabric to cover the garage door. Wish I would have had enough to do both doors.

For Christmas I got Roscoe this wonderful gadget. I can throw the ball farther than the doofus can see it go, and when he brings it back I don't have to touch it. This is the greatest invention ever. Especially for my slobbery dog! So after I took the sky photos we went out to play.

Did he play with me? Not really. He kept getting sidetracked by the little dogs in the pen. He had a blast running laps as fast as he could around and around them. See them trailing behind?


I mean really running. Goofy dog.

Whew! I'm tired. How about you guys?

On the way to basketball I took a shot of Fairbanks from Chena Ridge (with the cheap camera). That's my city way down the hill.

Nick played against Hutchinson High School tonight.





They won!

After the game Elijah went to a birthday party while Dad and I took Nick to dinner at Boston's. (The thermometer across the street said 54 degrees above zero! That is one heck of a Chinook wind blowing through town! It's also a heck of a lot better than -45 that we had a couple days ago!). After dinner I left to take photos of the Varsity game (below) while Dad and Nick shot pool and watched the Lakers game for a couple hours.

Another wonderful evening for our family. Being happy feels so good! :) All my darlings are tucked into bed including Mr. White and the six dogs. I'm sitting here in quiet at 1:00am working on the basketball photos for the website. Tomorrow Nick has a small round robin tournament. He was supposed to travel to Healy for the Tri-Valley Tournament an hour and a half away, but it was cancelled due to dangerous road conditions. Instead we are having our own Road Closure Classic with two other schools in town. At least he'll get two games in tomorrow so I'll be taking photos of that, and I think I have a couple hockey games to try and squeeze in as well. (Over-extended as usual!). Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love the couches! Very similar to mine! Yes, I'd seem them, but not since they arrived home - except with lots of people sitting on them!!

You take some serious sports pictures! I'll have to pop over to those other sites you posted the other day and check them out!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yeah, I have LOTS of scrap stuff...not nearly a million $$ ...but CLOSE:)

maryt/theteach said...

Gayle, those couches look real comfy for a big family! Do you have a big family? I'd certainly prefer 54 above than 45 below! Ha! :)

Anonymous said...

Gayle, Your couches look just like mine...very close.
Also anyone who has a ball retrieveing type of dog, the CHUCK-IT is a MUST. Weve had ours for yours, it is the best invention. We even have a ball thing, where it is loaded with balls, and when the dog brings it back, he drops it back in the bucket....I just sit there and watch.

storyteller said...

Wow ... those couches look comfy! I've got one of those tennis ball tossers for Molly too. We use it primarily at the beach. She'd LOVE to play with Roscoe but she'd have no clue what to do in that white stuph!
Hugs and blessings,

anymommy said...

Cute couches! I want to come over and hang out.

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Your couches look so comfty,Hi..I found your blog through Tink's blog,I also have 5 kids..it's never quiet here,thats why I stay up so late. So much snow,it looks beautiful,your dog looks like he is having a blast in it too :)

Corey~living and loving said...

First off...those couches ROCK!

SEcondly....I can't live with out a chuck-it ball thrower. They are awesome, yes. I rejoice at not having to pick up a nasty doggy slobbery ball anymore. woo hoo!

Jess said...

Love the couches! Are you keeping the garage as a "great room" type room once the house is finished? It looks like such a fun place to be.

Tink *~*~* said...

I love that anti-slobber ball invention! Why has no one ever thought of that before? w00t!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*