The White House

The White House

Sunday, October 12, 2008

How Did I Survive Thursday's Panic Attack?

(Camera Critters are in this post...scroll down because they are worth seeing! :)

Obviously, I am here to write this post so I survived Thursday's Panic Attack. How did I do it? Let me tell you....

Thursday:

Cheer Elijah on to a 45-23 victory over Ryan: Check









Friday:

Take babies to sitters: Check

Wash 10 loads of laundry, dry, fold and put away: Check

Do half the mound of dishes: Check

Clean a disaster of a house: Check

Pick up Nick and Elijah and shop for shoes: Check

Drive around for an hour on icy roads to five different schools looking for an 8:00pm soccer practice that happened on Tuesday: Check

Get babies from sitters: Check

Help with homework and put kids to bed: Check

Edit 1405 (not kidding) Redskin football photos from this summer: Check

Burn 30 photo CD's: Check

Edit 30 more photos into CD labels, print and adhere to CD's: Check










Go to bed at 3:20am: Check


Saturday:

Up at 8:00am: Check

Out the door with Nick and Wee People by 9:20am: Check

See moose on the way to soccer, stop and take photos risking being late for the game: Check


Hello Mama Moose!
Hey, Mom, wait for me!
Hang on, I'm coming, too!
Whew! Made it safely!



Cheered for Nick while entertaining the Wee People: Check




Dropped off Nick and picked up Elijah to watch him receive his football award with four other football teams equaling over 100 people in a crowded way-to-hot room where I had to sit on the floor because we were late and kids walked on me: Check



Found Elijah and Tyler a ride to bowling party: Check

Shopped for last minute birthday stuff: Check

Drove home and picked up Cody to go to a Wrestling Booster Club meeting: Check

Got a phone call that bowling was cancelled due to power outage so I need to pick up Elijah and Tyler: Check

(Mr. White came home early and finished dishes, cleaned the bathroom, built a fire and set up a table while I was gone).

Got home to do the birthday party while Mr. White went to watch Cody's wrestling meet: Check

(Cody pinned his man!)

Roast hot dogs and marshmallows: Check



Do one of my favorite things....sit by the campfire: Check

Color wooden dolls: Check



Decorate birthday cakes: Check




Sing to sweet Emily: Check



Open presents: Check

Survive Elijah's four friends over for a movie: Check

Watch the girls sing and dance: Check


Have our friend Mike show up with really cool fireworks: Check

Put Wee People to bed: Check

Drive Elijah's friends home (except for Tyler): Check

Check the mail at the Post Office: Check

Finally get Tyler, Elijah, Emily, Brooklyn, Kiara, Nick, Cody and Mr. White to join the sleeping Wee People by 11:30pm: Check

Sit down at the computer with crossed and tired eyes: Check

Give up and go to bed at midnight: Check

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a busy weekend! Nice moose shots.
And Emily is just as beautiful as a 9 years as she was as a 8 yr. old!

Snowbird said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading what you did! I think you deserve the Super Mom Award. Love the moose pictures. It's neat when I see an occasional alligator or a raccoon but to see a couple of moose-mooses-meese--whatever--that is sooooo cool!

Carletta said...

Great photos of the moose!
You are one busy lady!!!

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle....how many days can you do this? I'm pooped...and I also love the moose pictures.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I only came to checkout the CCs -now I am exhausted and that is only reading about it.
It this what they mean when they talk about a 'soccer mom' ?
I am glad we home schooled.

Nellie said...

Hi Gayle,
How do you find time to blog???
Your family and all your photos are wonderful... but take a 'breather', girl.
Those Moose were awesome. I think it's great when I get a photo of a deer, bear or turkey here in PA.

Relax (as best you can!) and have a great day.

B;-0

Kelly said...

I am also left totally worn out! I agree, take a deep breathe and slow down. I remember those days, I have four kids, I met myself coming and going and was always exhausted. I am glad that you do have your blog and the CC meme to do for yourself. The Moose are a lovely and great photos! Hope this week goes a little slower for you, and take time to "see the moose!"...you owe it to yourself! I'll ditto the comment, Relax (as best you can!).....and have a great day!

Rayne said...

You forget to put 'breathe' on any of those lists. You need to breathe!

Jess said...

What's your secret? I'm tired from just reading!

i beati said...

Those raod crossing pictures spectacular

A happy heart at home said...

Happy birthday to Emily. You are one busy lady! We prefer the moose in our state to stay on the sides of the road!

~Susan

Missus Wookie said...

Hmm and we get excited about hedgehogs and foxes. Love the Moose - although mine tend to be on earrings. Glad it isn't just my life that ends up too busy :)

Happy Birthday Emily! A Russian friend held a 9th birthday party yesterday as it was his.

Jeanne said...

Wow that is one crazy filled weekend. But it all looks like great fun. LOVE your moose pictures as well as all the other fun family shots you shared. Congrats on getting so much done!

Misty DawnS said...

This is a really great post (although I seriously need a nap now hehehe).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the moose! How awesome!!!

Tink *~*~* said...

You seriously need a vacation, woman! My gawd, where do you find the energy?

*thud* <=== me hitting the floor

Tink *~*~*