The White House

The White House

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...


Outside my window...the snow is softly falling. It started sometime Saturday night and hasn't stopped. I can see I'll need to shovel the walk several times today. I also see that the bird feeder is collecting snow, and I'll need to clean that out.

I am thinking...of what projects I need to tackle next in my quest to clear the clutter from our home. I took two boxes of garbage, one box of clothes and two boxes of "stuff" out of the garage last night. Today, I think that I will finish emptying out the second bathroom that turned into storage when the remodeling project didn't get finished. Maybe if I empty it Mr. White will install the new toilet and tub. Two bathrooms for eight people would be a relief!

From the learning rooms...I am going to work with Olivia on learning to write her letters. She is a more-than-willing learner, I just need to take the time.

I am thankful for...the good health we've been having. I've heard of so many with the flu and nasty colds. We've been lucky so far!

From the kitchen...there is a mound of dishes that need washed.

I am wearing...black sweats, a t-shirt and Mr. White's wool socks.

I am reading...my Burpee Gardening catalog dreaming of next summer's gardens.


I am hoping...we are moved downstairs before Elijah's birthday (Dec. 28). He would be able to invite a lot more of his friends if we had the room.

I am creating...some scrapbook pages and Christmas presents.

I am hearing...Olivia watching Super Y. She's learning and saying her letter sounds. I'm also hearing Lucas complaining because he wants to watch Cars instead.

Around the house...things are more picked up than they ususally are. Yesterday's two hour power outage gave the children time to pick up their things!

One of my favorite things...is to read the comments on my blog. It's interesting to see where the visitors come from.

A few plans for the rest of the week...more sports as usual. Cody leaves for a wrestling match in Anchorage, Elijah has his last two basketball games and Nick will have another soccer game. I also hope to put together Halloween costumes before they are all gone. (Buying them this year...I just have too many other projects to work on. I don't need to take on another sewing project).

Here's a picture thought I am sharing with you...


The Wee People bring so much joy into my life each day. The smiles and hugs melt any troubles away. They are great medicine for the heart.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Greetings, Gayle!

I jumped here from Peggy's Simple Woman blog --- your daybook link was above mine, so I decided to come visit.

Sounds like we have had similar weather and problems -- maybe not uncommon for October in Alaska, but this snowfall was a record one for eastern Montana.

Your children are a delight and I'm so thankful you have the chance to be home with them.

May you, indeed, have a blessed week,

Anonymous said...

Nice photography. I liked this post and the way you presented it.

Jess said...

I'm so glad we're not dealing with snow yet. We had unseasonly warm temps all weekend however, I am looking forward to moving on to the next season.

A happy heart at home said...

Snow already! We're hoping it will be quite a while yet before we get any snow.

~Susan

Tiffany said...

Wow--snowing!
I enjoyed your daybook, thank you for visiting mine. Your family sounds fun.

Missus Wookie said...

Those two would bring smiles to any heart :) Although I do love the snow, I'm glad we've not got it yet.

Anonymous said...

Six kids, you must be so good in organizing and caring. Good that you have a corner of your own on your blog. I admire how you write your daybook. Warm regards !

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...thanks for the comments. I think you should empty out that second bathroom too. Sorry about all your snow while we are enjoying sunshine and all this color. How are all the critters doing? Great pictures of the kids. I too, love hearing from people all over the world...it has been quite an education.
Lori

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are a busy lady :)Your children are beautiful.

Pamela said...

The Wee People are adorable. Are they anxious to get out in the snow or is it old hat to them by now? Wow, snow in October, my daughter would be thrilled!

Have a great week.

Rayne said...

I love the photos. They look like absolute angels.
I also love the entry. What a wonderful meme. I think I will give it a try after my drug induced nap. I hate my medication.
I am also jealous you have snow already.