The White House

The White House

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Love Thursday: Dogs

Who couldn't love this face? Those big dark eyes can make your heart melt.
Dogs...puppies...canines...that isn't what I really intended for Love Thursday, but my friends at pattycakes and Keturi/Faro Clan have got me thinking about the dogs. They each talked about their dog on their blogs. I am more of a plural kind of gal. I'll have to talk about multiple dogs!
We currently have ten dogs living under one roof. No, we are not dog mushers (ha, could you imagine hooking up a team of dachshunds?!). We just have a lot of dogs. In fact, I'm beginning to think I am becoming a dog collector. Scary thought, isn't. Anyhow, this is a face that more than a Mom could love.
Tomorrow, I'll share the rest of the family that we love so much. There's Rusty, Roxie, Ruby, Sally, Molly and Roscoe. There are also Roxie's four puppies, but we're trying not to "love" them too much because we are selling them. :( (Okay, I made the sad face trying to be sad, but the reality is there are seven dogs whining very, very loudly at me and it is 1:10am! It's hard to be sad about them leaving right at the moment. What I really want is for them to lay down and be quiet. Probably not going to happen.).
Stay tuned for more love! Want more love right now? Visit the Shutter Sisters!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed your boiling post the most! why should your house be any different than anyone elses? that's what big families are like, because everything is multiplied, the mess, the number of friends, the cooking, the aggravation, etc. but think how quiet those other houses are! i am ahead of you in ages and i promise you it gets better. meanwhile i miss the days of football. my boys are all too old now so we have to settle for getting together on sundays for nfl.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!! I'm a pooch lover too :)

stace41971 said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...look at that face!!!! It just makes me want to snuggle that furry little package of puppiness! My dogs are too big, old and stinky to snuggle. I keep saying my next dog will be small, but the reality is I think I need to get a working dog which is at the least medium sized. but I so love the small breeds..I'd love to have a chihuahua..but I know my cats would gang up on it and eat it for breakfast.
Good luck not falling in love with that face :-P

Rayne said...

That is a sweet and wonderful and totally kissable face. I can't believe 10 dogs! I don't know if I would have the patience for something like that. I can't wait to meet the rest of them.
Maybe I shouldn't pick on you about your dogs, I have ...ahem...11 rats. Yes, 11 rats live in my house. The good things is, they don't whine at me and they live in large cages, so it's not half as hair raising and time consuming as 10 dogs. Wow! You are like Super Woman!

Anonymous said...

you are starting to fall in love....I feel it......I know those puppies have names...come on admit it? lol

ELK said...

dogs = unconditional love!

Raven said...

He's adorable... but TEN of them! Yikes. I have 2 cats and that's about all I can handle. He's one incredibly cute puppy, though.