The White House

The White House

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #7: 13 Reasons the Rain is Great!

It's been raining for sometime now. Trying to find the positive in the muck!


#1: I do not feel obligated to take the kids to the State Fair. (Slooshing through puddles, getting soaked to the bone and freezing are three great reasons to stay home. You can add to that the fact that the fair is way over-priced and has the same stuff every year, and it becomes a win-win for all! Of course, if the sun comes out we'll have to go and break the bank as usual).

#2: I don't have to water the garden. At this rate probably won't have to the rest of the season.

#3: I don't have to shovel the rest of the gravel around the yard anytime soon.

#4: No raking the duck/goose yard. The rain is taking care of it.

#5: No worrying about the fact that I haven't finished planting the front lawn. Can't prepare it in this weather.

#6: We can finish the walls/floors in Cody's room, and he can move back into it.

#7: I don't have to feel guilty about not hanging out and watching football practice.

#8: I can work on the hockey dvd's that I should have finished in April. (Where did May, June and July go??)

#9: I got the laundry caught up which was about 15 loads!

#10: I finished the third and final 3v3 scrapbook for Forrest.

#11: I have all this great bonding time with the kids since they are locked in the house. (Okay, that was a sarcastic one....they are climbing the walls!).

#12: I could finish the Christmas presents I started sewing for 2006 and send them out for 2008. Or not.

#13: We can all spend lots of time entertaining 9 dogs who are now locked inside with us!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Can you please send some the rain our direction. I would greatly appreciate it. Its supposed to be about 113 degrees today.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

We could use some rain too. No fires yet, but it's that time of year.

Anonymous said...

9 dogs indoors needing entertainment? I think I'd rather slog through the state fair. -grin-

Lisa G said...

*9* DOGS?? Wow. It rains daily here too, but our rainy season will end all too soon, so this has to keep us for most of the year. Let it rain!! Loved your TT.

stace41971 said...

Great TT...I feel for you though..ive only got 3 kids locked in the house and 2 dogs and they're driving me bonkers ;-)
I am right there with you though..non stop rain..I'm very glad my garden is in raised beds or I think all my roots might have rotted by now.

pussreboots said...

Please send some of that rain our way. We're in the middle of a drought and I've had to let my little garden die. Happy TT.

Tink *~*~* said...

15 loads of laundry? Good grief! I can't even conceive of that. I would lose my mind. I don't mind sorting it, putting it in the washer, putting it in the dryer.... but when it comes to folding and putting away, ugh, it's like emptying the dishwasher - infinitely less appealing that filling it!

Hope the rain stops soon, so you can at least get the garden chores done before winter sets in.

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*