The White House

The White House

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #6: 13 Things That Annoy Me

1. Telemarketer's (is that even spelled right???). I do not need 1-800 numbers calling me in the morning. Or the afternoon. Or while I'm making dinner. I do not need to know who is starving, dying, homeless, handicapped, etc. etc. or why I should send them my money. I need my money. All of it. Sorry. Really, if you want something from me calling me at the most busy time of the day isn't the way to get it. That just plain pisses me off.

2. WHINING. Whining isn't a necessary voice. It is one of our voices, but we don't have to use it. Speaking plain English in one of those normal indoor voices will do the trick. Really. Would I lie?

3. Shoes infront of the door. Shoes infront of the door that keep you from opening the door. So there I stand. Arms full of crap from the car and a door that won't open no matter how hard I swing these big hips at it. Thousands of square feet here people...could the shoes be in another part of them?

4. Kids behind closed doors who do not hear the screams of the MOM stuck outside the door blocked by a hundred shoes. Okay, I exaggerated. Not really a hundred shoes, but close!

5. Asking a question that you just asked five minutes ago that I gave you an answer to. What that says to me is MOM I WASN'T LISTENING THEN, BUT NOW I REALLY NEED TO KNOW NOW. Right...and that is going to get me to repeat it with a smile. Hell no. I'll repeat it, but you'll end up with the five minute lecture about not listening that you won't listen to therefore this is a vicious cycle that will repeat itself until you move out of my house and do it to your wife. (I know because my husband does it to me which means he must have done it to his mother).

6. Other people's dogs. You know, the dog that roams the neighborhood while they are at work. The one who walks through my gardens, pees on the babies swing set and poops in the yard. Or the dog that runs wild at night because the People came home feeling guilty after working all day, eating dinner out and having a drinks while the dog is locked in the house so they set him free. I once complained to a neighbor about their dog being in my yard and chasing my ducks. That woman told me I should "be neighborly" and let it go. I told her (in a not-so-quiet voice in the middle of the post office) that if her dog was in my yard again it would meet my 44. There's neighborly for ya! (BTW never saw that dog again).

7. Liars.

8. Cheaters.

9. Thieves.

10. When the kids drink out of my coffee cups. I know that is a rather stupid thing to complain about, but it makes me nuts. First off, I collect cups and I don't want them broken. In fact, I don't want anyone else drinking up my memories from my cup. Okay. That is stupid, but I'm allowed stupid once in a while. Secondly, if they are drinking from a coffee cup that means ALL the dishes are dirty. No, the dishwasher doesn't work. No, I haven't hired a dishwasher (yet). No, NONE of us like to do dishes. If they are down to my cups, the dishes need washed. Nothing worse than going for a morning cup of coffee with eyes barely open and all the cups are dirty! This is what I ask the kids: "Do you drink coffee"? They always say no. Then I say, "then you shouldn't be drinking from a coffee cup". Pretty simple logic, I say.

11. Credit card offers in my mailbox. For awhile I would write "I DO NOT WANT THIS" "NO THANK-YOU" "DO NOT SEND THEM ANYMORE", and would return about three a day in the mail...they get to pay the postage. HA! Know what? I get about three a week now instead of three a day. I want real stuff in my mailbox. Letters, packages, magazines....not worthless crap.

12. People with two faces. Rather creepy. And not very nice.

13. I was trying to think of something really big for #13, but I'll have to go with running out of gas for the lawnmower. I know it isn't a biggy, but if you saw how pissed off I got the other day when MY gas can was empty and I couldn't finish mowing the lawn (which is my job since my husband has a breathing-issue-that-he-doesn't-like-to-talk-about and some of my children are pathetically lazy and some of my children don't pay attention to detail enough to run a mower through my yard). I pretty much feel that if I'm the guy that has to weed-whack for an hour and then mow for two hours (takes forever around those rocks), it should be someone else's responsibility to make damn sure my gas can is always full. (And that half-empty, half-full glass theory doesn't apply here...when you are out of gas, you are out of gas).

Holy hell, I've got to relax! I could have made the 101 Things That Annoy Me!~ So what annoys you?

12 comments:

Malcolm said...

I loved #6 on your list. People need to understand that just because they are comfortable around their dog, everyone else isn't. Your response to your neighbor at the post office was priceless.

As for things that annoy me, here are a couple:

1. Smokers who flick ashes/throw their cigarette butts out of their cars.

2. People who leave their grocery carts in the middle of the parking lot.

Laura Paxton said...

Oh, I'm with you...the telemarketers top the list...even though we put all of our phones on the DO NOT CALL list...we get this stupid one from Canada (Caller ID is a WONDERFUL invention, I just have to say that...), telling us that she has $100 for us...RIGHT.

oh, and the coffee cups...YES!! THOSE ARE MINE, dang it!

The cat who won't stay off the table (she knocked over 2 glasses of water this morning).

The kids who can't put ANYTHING away, unless I am standing over them, watching their every move...

I'm sure I could come up with more....but I've gotta work....

Junior Mints said...

the telemarketers are the worst! we jut changed our landline AGAIN to stop all the phone calls!

i agree with the one about other people's dogs too. people think just because i have 4 of my own i should be ok with theirs but i'm NOT always!

anyway, have a great thursday!!

Unknown said...

Telemarketers & coffe cups would be on my list.
People who talk on a cell phone and try to drive that bugs me too. Great TT, mine is up @ The Cafe, a review of Mamma Mia.

Susan Cook said...

Hope you feel better after getting that off your chest - lol. I know what you mean about dogs. My neighbor's dog recently knocked my daughter down and knocked out her tooth. A "baby" tooth but still I wasn't to happy. And not feeling very neighborly either. Dogs really annoy me too!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

I am so with you on # 2 and # 11. Referring to #1, doesn't your state have a "Do Not Call" list??

I also agree with commenter malcolm about the carts - that is on my TT13 post today about grocery stores....

Anonymous said...

I love your list. A few I would add: People who talk on their cell phones in a restaurant, and neighors cats that leave paw prints on the hood of your car. Argh! That one drives me crazy! Great TT.

Anonymous said...

OMG - you mean it's not just me with the coffee cups issue?? There are others of you out there? I could cry in relief... :)

stace41971 said...

holy cow..were we seperated at birth?? Lol. I have 3 crappy coffee cups that i allow the kids to use for cocoa or tea...but its going to hit the fan if I catch them drinking out of MY cups. My dishwasher is my 18 yo...I get her out of bed at all hours if the dishes arent done.
Other peoples dogs are a big one for me, I keep mine fenced in..My OLD ( as in age) neighbor actaully yelled at me because HER dog came over and was chasing MY chickens..she said "well..I guess that means I cant let "insert dogs name here" loose to play with "insert roomates dogs name here" anymore!"...I looked at her like she had 3 heads, shook my head and said "well I guess not!" lol.

Bethanne said...

Yeah. dishes in the sink. definitely, if someone is using my coffee mugs...then they should, instead, be cleaning.
Great list. We're all allowed stupid. Don't let anyone tell you different. :)

Carol said...

I feel your pain. And about those shoes...sorry. I'll do better.

Tink *~*~* said...

About that junk mail. Not just the credit card offers, but anything that comes into your mailbox that is unwanted. If it comes with a postage paid envelope, put that to the side and tear up a bunch of unwanted mail. Then stuff the postage paid envelope as heavily as you can with the torn up junk, and put it in the mail.

When it gets to its destination, the company will have to pay.

heh heh heh

Yes I know. Evil. That's me!

:D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*