The White House

The White House

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snow * Snow * Snow

Saturday….. We have gotten quite a bit of snow lately and I haven’t been plowing. I headed out with Millie who is impossible to photograph. She’s big, fast and still puppy enough that she wants to run, run, run.

playing in the snow

It didn’t take long for Olivia to join us. (Lucas came out after I put the camera away).

002

As always I started by shoveling the snow away from the house. Then I plowed for an hour and a half. I should have plowed before there got to be this much snow! Then I shoveled the stairs, sidewalk and path to the bus for 45 minutes. My back was killing me by the time I was done and is still sore today.

005

Quick shower and then off to Fred Meyer. Olivia was going to her very first birthday sleepover and needed a present. We grabbed a quick bite, shopped and got her dropped off. I took Lucas back to the house to hang with Nick and met my husband in town for dinner and Christmas shopping.

IMAG0763

We met at Boston’s but I had to wait about half an hour. My husband works way to much, but he committed eight years ago to take care of my five children and he’s been the best father/husband/provider we could ask for. I forgot to take photos, but I had lobster stuffed mushrooms and Homer had a trio plate of chicken and pasta.

IMAG0764

It warmed up and was about +22 which made it unbearable in the stores. They just can’t regulate the heat in a building that big that fast. So with full tummies in hot stores we got a few presents and called it a night. We brought Millie home a bone so she’ll quit chewing up my kindling. Last night she already got one end off. That’s a $15 bone! I was hoping it would last longer. I wish I would have gotten a shot of Rusty trying to drag it off….it’s as long as him!

 

006

I am hoping to accomplish a lot today, but the Green Bay game starts in half an hour so something tells me this day is going to be a bust! :)

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

Millie is exactly like my pups. They are Great Pyrenees and chew chew chew. My front porch has chewed branches, sticks and anything they can find. (they both weigh over 110 lbs.)

I love reading about how your husband made such an incredible commitment. There are real men-sometimes not always easy to find, but they are there.

Take care of your back...A good foot soak does wonders for a backache, so next snow soak your feet afterwards!

Take care
Jennifer