The White House

The White House

Friday, December 23, 2011

Down to the Wire

(Thursday) The girls and I spent a lazy morning watching The Help before Emily had to go back to her dad’s house. This was the only photo I snapped yesterday. Emily curled Olivia’s hair.
001
We are getting down to the wire on Christmas. I spent 6.5 hours shopping last night. The hubby joined me for half of it and I am sure he is beyond exhausted today. (He didn’t get to bed until midnight and gets up at 4:45am!!).
It’s all in the truck. At some point I’ll have to send the little ones upstairs to play so I can wrap. And wrap. And wrap. Christmas is quite extensive when you have 8 kids and multiple furry friends. :)
But, for now, I need to clean. And clean. And clean.

*edited to add*
Oh, ya. And we gathered up the recyclables to weigh. I've combined paper/cardboard now that I know they don't have to be separated. I am also rounding the pounds just to make my life simple. It's amazing how much I've not put into the landfill.... yet, we've still put so much there. I'd guess we've dropped to about 40% (maybe less) in the last month.

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Olivia looks adorable. What a happy child!!!!

Unknown said...

Why do you weigh the recyclables? For your own info?

We recycle, too. One day our bins blew over to a neighbor's house. When my husband knocked on the door to ask if they were ours, the person said, "Oh, we don't recycle." My husband wasn't sure how to respond: "Good? No, wait, not good." :-P

anymommy said...

Merry Christmas! I hope it was a fabulous day. I thought of you all and your craziness and fun. Much love to you and happy holidays.