The White House

The White House

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monday Night Football Should Be For Everyone

How I made 44 years without knowing the joy of gravy is beyond me. I must have eaten some bad gravy once that ruined my taste for it. All I can say now is if it isn’t a fried pork chop with mashed potatoes smothered in gravy with some coleslaw then I don’t want it.

001

Boys, can you haul the logs in the driveway and by Elijah’s car to the wood pile so I can plow snow?

In the morning this is how I found my 4-wheeler. Still full of logs from the tree in the drive.

003

And the logs by the car? Still there. Nick went to work, Elijah was sick so it was up to me to empty the trailer, haul another load (the rest isn’t finished being cut) and plow the yard (we got more snow). Man, all that fresh air really wipes me out along with this old lady thing where I go to bed early and get up early. I used to be able to roll over and go back to sleep when my husband’s alarm went off at 5:30am. Now I get up. I guess it’s a good thing. By the time I put the kids on the bus at 8:10am this morning I had done three loads of laundry, cleaned that area full of boxes upstairs that they seem to constantly destroy, cleaned my bedroom, the hallway and packed stuff up and down the outside stairs that are not on the inside of my house. I’m pretty sure I get a lot more done getting up early than I did when I stayed up until 2am every night. *sigh* getting older…..

004

My expert woodsman dropped this very large tree perfectly between the greenhouse and pond. I’m glad I wasn’t here to see it happen. I shudder to think what would be of my greenhouse had it not fallen just so.

005

See the stump in the middle? Yep, it came from right there. So many things could have gone wrong.

006

And why did we cut it? For this bad boy. We have cut down ten trees, put in a 14 foot pole that they then added to AND we still don’t have a strong satellite signal.  For the love of all things holy I just want to frickin’ watch Monday Night Football. Do you realize my Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay are playing this coming Monday. The crew  is coming back Wednesday to try a platform pole 3 feet to the left. It better work.

007

If it doesn’t do you see that very tall group of Aspen in the middle of this photo? That stands between me and Monday Night Football. Seriously, we are at the point of no return now. We’ve already cut down ten trees (8 were to the left of that big group) so I’m sure these 7 will end up going, too. This makes my head hurt.

008

And in keeping with my Double-Wide, Double-High classy home theme, the cable is draped several hundred feet across the yard and across my vegetable garden. Gee, do you think that will be in my way in the Spring? When the ground thaws about July we’ll bury the cable. All this for television. Kind of makes a person go hmmmm.

009

You can’t say I’m not persistent.

3 comments:

Tootie said...

The trees look just beautiful, but the snow makes me shiver, just looking at it. I used to love plowing it too, but I think too many birthdays have passed for me to think of ever doing it again. You are one hard working girl! I just don't know where you find the energy.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I totally feel your pain when football is concerned....

sue in mexico mo said...

Right now I like looking at Tooties photos better than your photos, Gayle. Maybe next spring I can enjoy yours again. lol I hate cold and snow!!!

I would be a total witch on a boomstick if I had to live with such a short summer.

I admire you,you have to be really tough, but I sure don't want to change places.

I'd trade with Tootie in a New York minute! :-)