The White House

The White House

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunday Sweet Sunday

Sunday….the day we are supposed to get ahead on house projects. We are forever taking one step forward, two steps back.

We began by Homer taking care of our children’s mouths and I took care of the animals.

Trixie.

003

Handsome.

008

Guinea-Pig-With-No-Name.

009

Flower.

010

Millie.

011

Rusty.

012

And then out to Daisy, Jasper and the chickens. While I was feeding, I was also helping Lucas with the letter A in his alphabet book. Multitasking.

006

Then it was time to get some heat. Saturday night the boiler downstairs and furnace upstairs quit. It happens every.single.fall and we don’t know why. We went to bed and it wasn’t too chilly in the morning. So instead of building a chicken roost or whatever, Homer worked on the fuel lines, blowing them out and changing filters, and finally got things running smoothly around 3:30pm.

While he worked on that I cleaned. Does your table get like this? My goal for the week it to keep it clean at all times (which means I should probably get up and clear breakfast dishes).

013

014

All snuggled in and lovin’ it.

015

Practicing writing his ABC’s.

016

I went out, briefly, to pick up a couple of items. Then I watched football. How’s that for lack of motivation? Bad idea, too, because it snowed more last night so now it will be even worse cleaning up, but today, I will do it.

017

Homer went to the store and picked up some furniture we bought from a friend. He also picked up Sydney for dinner. We had a really great evening.

001

I made fried pork chops, mash potatoes, corn and garlic bread. I’m so glad Penny taught me the joy of comfort food.

002

Now I’m waiting for the sun to lighten my world so I can go out into the sloppy mess. I could so easily crawl back into bed…all the darkness will do that to a person…but I’m refusing to let myself. Lots of things to take care of today. Suppose I should start my rounds of breakfast for the many mouths.

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Gayle, you inspire me with all that you accomplish all the time. Today I tackled washing down the ceiling and walls in my kitchen, plus all the cabinets and the floor. OMG-what a difference and I have you to thank. You just motivate me!

Sally said...

Nice family of kids and animal friends....a houseful to be sure.