The White House

The White House

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What Day Is It?

 

Yesterday, I think, Olivia wanted me to teach her how to make hats. With all the free time I have how could I say no? She picked it up so quickly and is actually half done. Honestly, I didn’t think a six year old would be able to do this. What do I know?

001

Yesterday I took Elijah to a hearing at the school district so they can make a decision about how long he will be suspended from school for the fight he got into last Spring. They’ll let me know in five days. Today, I made several follow-up phones calls to educators making it a little more difficult for them to just turn their backs and send him away as if his life didn’t matter.

My niece and her girls visited Elijah last night. They baked him cookies and he ate them all. :)

Emily came  home today and that always makes my heart feel better.

I’m sucking at taking photos lately.

Today I made 4 quarts of a different recipe for Bread and Butter Pickles. I really didn’t like the way they smelled so for the next five pints I went back to the first recipe I used. The smell of vinegar and cucumbers is starting to make me feel ill. Too much of a good thing, I guess.

002

Homer and I also took the three younger ones out to pick Highbush Cranberries. The rain had let up for a bit and the sun was shining. It was very relaxing family time. We picked 2 gallons that we’ll make into jelly.

003

Doctor’s appointment and stitches out tomorrow. Maybe that will get our day going so I can get something done beside canning.

2 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Hope you and Homer get to sneak in a little relaxation somewhere. Glad your family is together and your son is healing.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Olivia is so cute making the hat. I bet she picks up knitting needles before too long! I wish I had that talent, but I don't. Praying for good news for Elijah for school. Don't these people realize that turning their backs on him is the worst thing they can do? That child has so much potential. Please let us know what is decided.