The White House

The White House

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rain, rain go away!

Cold and rainy weather won't keep these two out of the water!

Look at that sky. It sprinkled, it cleared, it blew, it poured....all day long. As far as I was concerned it was too chilly to be outside so I worked on purging closets and boxing up every toy I could get my hands on (to be sorted at a later date when I've found the floor again!).


Of course, these two thought it was just lovely out. They were in and out of the pool all day long. I would have been content to stay inside all day, but whatever makes them happy is what I'll do.


Last night I coached my high school players in the wind and rain. It was miserably cold. Two players were injured, the ref was a small, young girl who had no business working this level and made horrible calls, players were frustrated and we ended up losing 6-7 (after coming back from 5-2 at half-time). I just snapped two quick shots with my pocket camera as it was too wet to take out the big camera. I made homemade peanut butter cookies for the players as well as brought a cooler of Gatorade. Wish I could have bottled some sunshine as well.


Another chilly day, but they've already been in the pool. Imagine that! I have planting to do, but after being soaked to the bone last night I think I still have the chills. I planted a little while they were swimming and may do some later, but for now I am back to cleaning out closets and getting rid of anything that isn't nailed down. Then I'm off to coach Lucas' soccer practice since his coach is out-of-town. Hope the sun is shining on your corner of the world.

No comments: