The White House

The White House

Monday, May 30, 2011

Back to Thursday

I attempted a blog post last night, but was so exhausted I gave up and went to bed. I'm starting over now (last night the photos were squeezed skinny??).

Thursday..... Daisy sleeping. How cute is that? I don't ever catch her asleep.
 Emily and Lucas helped me pick up the sticks on the corner so I can mow up the leaves so the grass will grow.  No, I have not mowed yet.
 Daisy is always very interested in anything that has to do with the grass growing.

 The following photos were taken by Olivia and Lucas who apparently took my camera.
 A boy just hanging out with his chickens.
 I'm getting about 10 eggs a day. I have 4 dozen in the fridge. I need to find buyers!! The girls made a sign, but no one can see it. 

 Big yard + Lots of kids = Great. Throw in drama and my whole world is off balance and behind. I've literally killed most of my flower starts, but I refuse to let it bug me.  It is what it is.

Emily helped me raked up the leaves in the pool and I packed them out. Actually, Emily helped long enough to take the photo and then said it was too hot. I put a thermometer down in the hole and it read 109*. No wonder I felt like passing out!
 Collecting eggs. The girls are obsessive about it and check about six times a day. Those chickens are under pressure to perform!!
 Thursday was my great-niece's 13th birthday at the pool in North Pole. There's Nick in the water with Olivia and Elijah is in the grey shorts in the back just to the right of the red stairs. Emily must have been on a slide and Lucas had already gotten out.
 The  birthday girl got a Nook Color....how cool is that?!



Next up is Friday......after I do some more work!!

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...that close of Daisy needs to be made into a card. Can I steal your photo and give you credit for it?

Queen-Size funny bone said...

109 you better get that swimming hole filled up with cool water....

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I love the picture of Olivia and the chicken!