There's so much to do in the plant room and it is quite a slow process, but an enjoyable one. This is Painted Daisy. I consolidated the plants to make more room.
We also went to the feed store and picked up some chicks. I got 5 Black Australorps for laying hens and Homer got 5 Cornish cross to bar-b-que. Olivia and Lucas were instantly in love and they are right here in the living room for everyone to see! :)
I priced some new containers. The black one comes in a sheet of 18 that amounts to 11 cents each. The cups from Sam's Club were 3 cents each. They are actually narrower and deeper which will work better so it only made sense. I am using a kabob skewer to poke holes (set on top of Styrofoam).
The time consuming part has been mixing up the potting soil. I bring in a bucket of dirt to thaw. Sterilize it will boiling water then add perlite and sphagnum moss. I wish that I had compost to add, but those piles are frozen solid. Something new I've learned this year and will hopefully have time to make up quite a bit this Fall.