The White House

The White House

Monday, November 1, 2010

Progress

Yesterday I hauled in some wood and then I was just going to sweep. Sweeping led to this which led to that which led to a big project that resulted in some progress. This is the "room" that houses my plant room (minus walls), the downstairs bathroom (minus a door) and the new kitchen (minus the kitchen). It mostly houses our construction materials and the wood stove. I decided to clean the area up and make it more comfortable. I would love my kitchen completed first, but realistically it is the most expensive of the projects and is going to happen last.

That rocking chair is one I used to sit in at my grandmother's house when I was five. It's on it's last leg so to speak, but I put it out for Olivia to rock in. Maybe it will give her some good memories like it did me.

The store all corner. The Sheetrock is for the ceiling...or whatever we use it on first. Back there is a ping pong table and basketball shooting game we can't get to. Oh, and the old piano that will never work again.

Out with the piano, cleaned off the Sheetrock so it can be used, set up the basketball game (which is getting a ton of use now). Underneath it is a box for paper, next to it a box for plastic and I need to get boxes for glass and tin. You know, for all that recycling I do now. Eventually, I'll have a nice set up, but this will work for now.


Ug! My plant room/storage for junk. I sure hope I find a home for all that stuff before February!

I set up the van seat for a place for the kids to sit and put on winter gear.

We pushed the wrestling mat to the other room and got everything up against the wall opening up the room. No more tripping over boxes to get to the bathroom. Is it perfect? No, not at all, but it is our home under construction and I've made it a lot more comfortable.


Probably not the most exciting blog post compared to the other's you may read, but at least you are hear through this (painful) building process. If you stick around long enough you might get to see the final product!! :)

Today, I started a new blog. I invite you to go here and check it out. I also invite you to participate once, twice or all the time. (Come on...humor me). Blog about it and link up. Help me make the world a happier place. :)

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Gayle ~ Living in a construction zone is hard. We've done it, and it's really nice when it is finished. Right now, we've things not finished in our house too.

You did make some forward progress in your huge room.

I love that little rocker, it's sweet.

Enjoy your new blog. I'm sure all who receive from your efforts will enjoy and feel happy. It's not something I can commit to though. It is a nice idea.

Hope your day is a great one.

FlowerLady

Janie said...

Looks like you made some good progress to make life easier during the construction. I'll look forward to seeing the finished product someday.