The White House

The White House

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fix It With Color

Lousy day.

I mowed the ditch and it about killed me. I had headache that then turned into the biggest headache I've ever had. It made me nauseous and I had to lay down. Still a dull throb. It's been 3 maybe 4 days now. I'm really ready for it to go away.

Emily came home today, but not like she was supposed to. The kids and I expected her at 1:00pm. We waited and waited. We haven't seen her for three weeks and today was Buddy Day at the fair (two ride for the price of one). It was going to be our one day to go as a family. Finally after 3:00pm her dad sends me a text to let me know he was at work and wasn't bringing her until 6:30pm. No phone call. No previous arrangements to change the drop off time. No consideration that I might just have plans with my daughter. At 42 years of age you would think there could be adult communication. It wasn't even that he was at work. His new wife took my daughter to the fair. During my time. Ruining our plans. Four other kids were left disappointed. The boys are used to this kind of stuff, but it was kind of hard for Olivia and Lucas. They are only five and four and don't understand.

I cried a lot and it made my head hurt even more. I know Emily felt bad coming home to so many disappointed people. She's only ten. It isn't her fault.

Another life lesson for the kids on how not to be when they grow up. Sure seems like they've been getting a lot of those lately. It sucks not being able to shelter them from life's disappointments.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

We got four more eggs today. Odd chickens. They don't lay in the morning. They just lay whenever wherever.

I finally finished Nick's room tonight, headache and all. I have a little touch up to do tomorrow, but we're calling it good. Most parents would shudder at the idea of such a wild paint job in their house, but I figure it is his room. It's only paint and it sure feels good to make him so happy.

Left and right windows.

End wall and ceiling.

Left and right of the door.

The other end wall.


It's been a lot of work, but fun. Not sure I want to tackle a project like this one any time soon. So many other things that need done around here to make the house more livable, but this room is a great way to start a Senior year.

Starting to feel sick again as the pain throbs in my head so I'm off to bed. Can't believe it's already midnight. Where does the time go?

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Gayle ~ Your headache has me concerned.

I'm sorry for the disappointment you all suffered, especially for the little ones who don't understand yet.

I can see Nick enjoying his newly painted room. It is a great way to start his sr. year.

Take care Gayle.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Gail said...

The room is spectacular. Kudos to you for allowing the artistic freedom of color. He will thank for it, now and later.

blondevue... said...

That is ONE AWESOME ROOM! What a great Mom to put all of that time into it. I am sure your son will appreciate it and love it.
Sorry about the fair :( Hope the headache goes away. This smoke in the banks sure isn't helping anything. Maybe it'll go away soon :)
Tori

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Wow! That is a wild paint job. But you're right. It's just paint and it can be changed. My daughter is vying for a new paint job in her room. She still waffling about color. I love the way its painted right now (which is exactly as she wanted it - 4/5 years ago), but I guess I should take your approach and just let her pick the colors and do it. My fear is that she'll get what she wants, and then she won't want it anymore. She does that a lot!! And I really don't want to paint it twice. I guess I have some time to barter with her because I won't even bother painting until our temps cool down and I can open up the house to air it out. Gives me a couple months or so....

I do hope your headache goes away. Will you promise to see a doctor if it doesn't mellow out soon?

gpc said...

You did a fantastic job on the stripes, I've never been able to do them cleanly. Went through years of the same ex-stuff when my kids were young. I still don't know how I could have handled it more gracefully. But I remember how stressful it was and I sympathize.

Janie said...

Wow, that's a unique color scheme. Any teenage boy would love it, I'm sure.
I wonder if the paint contributed to your headache. Sure hope it goes away soon.