I was given the Happiness Blog Award today by my blogger friend Janie in Utah. I was actually pretty excited about the whole darn thing so I snatched it up and placed it here for all of you to see. My part is to name 10 things I love and 10 blogs that make me happy. Simple enough.
1. my children. Nick is my best buddy to hang out with, Elijah is a thrill to watch athletically, Emily is my right-hand girl, Olivia is as clever as can be and Lucas is a spark of fire. They are the best!!
2. my husband. He takes care of me (and my children) like no body's business. He's an amazing man through and through.
3. my dogs. Yes, I love my dogs. On-the-other-hand, I do not like them. They pee on the floor and I find that extremely irritating.
4. sand between my toes. Yes, I should have been born on the beach, but was not. I do hope to finish out my days on the beach.
5. gardening. I live for planting season. It is a thrill to create with flowers.
6. chickens. I miss my chickens that some one's loose dog killed. I can't wait to order new.
7. my blogger friends. It's amazing how they have completed my world.
8. Sunday's. That is the only day my husband doesn't have to slave away.
9. that in the end each will get his own.
10. naps. Taking a nap has got to be one of the best feelings in the world.
Now for 10 blogs that make me happy......
1. Vodkamom. She's funny teacher who has become quite popular in the blogging community and is still one of us.
2. is there any mommy out there? She is quite possible the best written blog around with a bit of humor thrown in. Love her. To pieces.
3. AlaskaMarg. Besides the fact that this lady can cook, she is also funny. She's new to the blogging world and could use a few followers. (She also was my babysitter when I was little, but since we are almost the same age I haven't really figured that one out!).
4. Queen-size Funny Bone. Life seems to hand Tammy a lot of rough stuff, but she finds the humor in it all and makes us laugh at ourselves. You can't help but love her.
5. Sanibel Toot's Lazy Days. You have to love Tootie...every day she takes us on a stroll of the beach. Without her I'd just freeze!
6. Our Vanilla Life. Chris and Jon are so Vanilla they calm even hyper ole me down. I love the twist on life they give me.
7. My Mobile Adventures*~*~*. Tink loves Disney like NO ONE loves Disney. If you want to see it, she can show it. Besides, she's really funny, too.
8. Stace's Space. Stace makes me happy 'cause she's a little bit eccentric mixed with a little normal livin' life on her terms. It thrills me when she makes a post (which isn't often enough).
9. Sand Between My Toes. Mrs. Snowbird thrills me every day. She is the most "un"retired person I know. One day in her shoes exhausts me!
10. Little Black Scrap Cat. She is one of the most creative women I know. If only...
So there you have ten blogs that make me happy. Of course there are others, but I can only pick ten...and some don't accept awards so this is what I want you to check out. Yes, there are only so many hours in the day and yes, you have lots to do, but maybe today will be the day you give a little extra time to the White House and see who really makes me happy.
(Oh, by the way, it's like -7F at my house and -20F in town so give me some pity). (And I'm sick, too). (And so are two of my "we never get sick" kids. Officially, they have medicine!!).