The White House

The White House

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Much of Anything

I was going to post about yesterday, well, yesterday, but never did get around to it. It was pretty much a wash anyhow. I never did find my get-up-and-go and spent the majority of the day wandering around pretending I was doing something rather than actually doing it. I decided to wash the outside of this window at -5 below. I assure you I have done smarter things with my time. Anyhow, after freezing my fingers and using the blow dryer I am now able to look out it and watch the sun set. It was worth it.

The kids were busy yesterday. Nick, Elijah and Nick K. went swimming at Hamme Pool and then to Taco Bell. Nick dropped his brother at the movies and then picked him up later for me. While all this activity went on I had a movie marathon until 2:30am. First, it was a Netflix instant of "Bonneville". Loved it! Then then we had a Woody Allen movie that came in the mail titled "Whatever Works". I never know if I like his movies or don't. He's odd and somewhat interesting. Then while everyone was sleeping I did another instant movie "Mrs. Dalloway". It's a movie set in 1923. The kids wouldn't have liked it, but I did. Dad couldn't stay awake so he missed out. While movie watching I made two more hats because I can't just sit with idle hands.


I tried to take a photo of the very weak northern lights at 2:30am, but the photo was just black. It was -15, my fingers were frozen and I just wasn't standing out there to figure it out. Maybe another night.

It's cold again today so there will be football games and movies, and that's about it. Sally is currently on her way to be bred with a long-haired black and tan dachshund. Let's hope it all goes well. She's definitely not the nicest of my three females. Still searching for males to breed the other two with. We are coming to the conclusion that we are going to probably have to buy our own male as there aren't stud services available here. *sigh*

5 comments:

Bill S. said...

Sounds to me like you had a full day - and night. Keep knitting those hats.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

You are always busy. I love to sit and watch movies, but nobody here likes the ones I do. I always have to rent them and watch them on my own. Woody Allen is kind of "off the beaten track", but how about Diane Keaton?? Ever watch Baby Boom? Love that one. Best of luck on the breeding thing. I can't imagine there's a lot to choose from for studding up there!!

Patty said...

I read Mia Farrows autobiography, and ever since then dont care for Woody.

B said...

I have been taking your advice and slowing things down around here.

So now take your own advice and love that you made two hats and watched 3 movies.

Love the orange one!

Janie said...

That sounds like a busy day to me!
The hats are so cute. I'm impressed that you were able to clean an outside window at -5!