The White House

The White House

Monday, December 14, 2009

Super Saturday

I was a 19-year smoker. I met my husband. I quit. That's just one of many great influences he's had on me.

For those of you that smoked in a previous life, do you remember the Marlboro points you could save and redeem for prizes? I got a cookbook. It's been packed around for the last 15 years without being opened. Saturday was the day.

I made this Family Roundup Potato Salad that was by far the best potato salad I've ever had. Chopped pepper, onions, cucumbers, parsley and radishes...potatoes in Italian dressing....combined in mayo and sour cream with some spices.


Little Miss colored while I cooked.


Apple Crumb Pie for desert.

The salad was topped with roasted walnuts and crumbled bacon. We weren't all that hungry so we just had the salad and steak.


After dinner dad took the little ones outside and built a fire. Of course, I cannot resist a fire so I joined them.


I had to run in and pick Elijah up from Birch Hill and drop Nick off to go bowling with his friends. Elijah spent the day snowboarding with his girlfriend and her friend. It was about ten below, but they had a great time.

Then it was back to the fire. After everyone else went to bed Roscoe and I spent another hour or so sitting by the fire. See...he's smiling, too!


This week was insanely busy. I spent about ten hours a day helping Nick finish up his online courses. So glad that is done. I made this hat for Olivia the other day. One Christmas present down, 4 million to go. Or so it seems. I have eleven days so I'd better get busy!

3 comments:

Patty said...

The birthday party looked great! She looks so happy and blessed!
I do see Roscoe's smile...he smiles like Hunter!
Love the hat...
Merry Christmas Gayle!

Janie said...

Roscoe does seem to be smiling. He must love being warm by the outdoor fire.
Your cookbook must be great. The food certainly looks delicious.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

i have yet to see a photo of Olivia without a smile on her face. She looks like a happy soul.