The White House

The White House

Friday, November 13, 2009

The List Will Have to Wait

We've had a stormy couple of days that has required a lot of shoveling. What follows the storm? Crisp, clear skies. Our temperatures are supposed to take a dive and it is currently ELEVEN DEGREES BELOW ZERO. That's right, -11F. I am so not ready for the bitter cold. I mean, being cold is one thing, but that bitter cold that takes your breath away. Not ready for it. What will I do when it is -40F? I shudder to think of it.
This is the view from the deck we never use. You have to be quick to catch a sunset as they happen pretty fast. Notice the snow on the railing...that's what we've gotten so far.

Here's the deck we never use. My husband calculates that I have about 316 cubic feet of snow to move (the deck is 60' X 8'). He figures my shovel holds about one cubic foot. All the snow has to go off that far end. I have a lot of work to do!

I'd like to say I did a lot around the house today, but I didn't. I shovelled about an hour. I did three loads of laundry. I drove Nick to meet his buddies to go snowboarding. Picked Elijah up from school. I took Elijah to get a pair of shorts. I picked up Grandma Debbi and then Emily. We watched this boy play this game.

Then I watched this girl play this game. (My great-niece). Then we drove Tyler and Elijah to Tyler's, Debbi and Olivia to Debbi's, Emily and Jadyn to her dad's and then I went home.


A busy day, I suppose, but it still doesn't feel like I did much. Tomorrow Elijah has games at 11:00, 1:00 and 8:00pm so we'll be down to the gym at 10:00am to start our day. I don't think much will be happening around the farm. Maybe Sunday?

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

girl....I'm not ashamed to say...all that shoveling.....would kill me.

Janie said...

All that kid transport takes time! No wonder you didn't get much else done.
That's a lot of shoveling. Surely you could enlist the bigger kids to help out?
-10! Brr. We were about 10 above this morning.