The White House

The White House

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Four Days?

FEVER
aches and pains
disappointment
DeNtS
extreme sadness
birthday
chaos
Should I tell you how it's been?
*My husband got very sick. Sick enough to miss a day of work (and he NEVER misses a day a of work). He spent two days in bed. Horrible.
*Olivia and Lucas' grandparents were in town for a few days. They didn't come and see them. I don't make excuses so the explanation hurts. They are only three and four. Just children.
*My son got in an accident. He wasn't hurt. It will cost us thousands. I don't have tens.
*My daughter had a birthday. She's double-digits. She had a great time. It could have been better. After 16 years of celebrating OUR childrens birthdays together her dad wanted to do his own thing. Her step-dad was sick. Her grandparents aren't talking to me. Thank God for my niece.
*The extreme sadness caused by the deceit and lies told by my husband's ex-wife that have deeply hurt everyone they touch and destroyed the truth has reached astronomical proportions. There is no band-aid for this.
*I got sick. I rarely get sick. Two days in bed. I haven't had a fever since I was little. I thought I was going to die. I still feel like crap.
*Went to a basketball game with 101* temperature because I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing my boy play. That was stupid thing to do.
All that in four days. I'm frightened to think what the next four days will bring.

14 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...REST! The last for days were enough to put anyone down! Sorry about the family dynamics.

Amanda said...

Girlie, just lie down and rest!!! Your son will understand!! KUDOS for going though!!! What an awesome, dedicated mom you are!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the family. I know how tough grandparent situations can be with small kids. My mom lives 15 hours away and the kids don't understand they can't just go see her. Now the grandparents on the other hand not coming to see them is a piss poor situation!!

I'll say prayers for your Ex's children who have to deal with a mother that is teaching them nothing but harm. I'll pray that the learn the truth, and realize they have an awesome mom that would be there for them in a heartbeat!!!

HUGS!!!!!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

OMG, Gayle! Please take some time to rest. The kids/family will understand. They'll certainly understand that much better than grandparents NOT coming to visit! My thoughts are with you!!! Get well!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

take care of yourself or there won't be anyone to take care of the rest of the loves in your life. hope things cheer up around your neck of the woods. feel better soon emotionally and physically.

Bill S. said...

Down here they call it the Swine Flu!!!! Get your rest - you will need to be well when the kids get it.
Remember, we can pick our friends but not all of our extended family. Grandparents who do not develop a relationship with their grand-children should be hung naked in a hail storm.
Good Luck.

B said...

Oh man, that is a wicked four days.

I agree with someone else above...Go lie down!!!!

I have a bloggy award over at my place for ya.

Patty said...

Stay tough Gayle! What happened to Nick? Im glad that he is okay...that is the important part of course.
Hope and and Homer are both feeling better...it stinks to be sick!

Nellie said...

I'm hoping you and your family get feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and don't worry about all that crap that others throw your way. You have such a beautiful family and they get through it all because they know how much they are loved... right under their own roof!

Take care, girl! My prayers are with you.

B:-)

RottenMom said...

Sorry for all of your woes. I am glad your son is okay. I agree with all that has been said above. Take care of YOURSELF!

Tara said...

OH NO!! I've been missing you and now I know why. I hope you're feeling better REALLY quick...all 3 of us girls have the crud here, but not near as bad as you guys have it! I hope the kids stay super healthy. I'm glad Nick is okay and I'm sorry about the car.

Family is the pits. I really hate to say this, but there is a very REAL reason I live 2500 miles away from "home." I have resigned myself to believing that God gave me my great husband and wonderful kids to make up for the crap family I got stuck with growing up. I know that's the same for you. I'm sorry it still hurts, though. I know I'm not much help.

Lots of prayers going up for your household. I loves ya, woman!

gpc said...

Breathe.

stace41971 said...

Rest and breathe...a fever can take so much out of you physically..as well as mentally..especially if you're not used to having them.
((HUGS))

Emily said...

I'm with everyone else. Rest. And what a crappy situation with your family. It's so sad especially for children who shouldn't have to endure this. Prayers for you...

Gennasus said...

I'm a bit late getting here and so sorry to hear about your rough time. It doesn't rain but it pours. And families are so often not what they should be.

Try and relax a little.