The White House

The White House

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tell Me Thursday: Termination Dust

Tell everyone about your Wordless Wednesday photo here!

Wednesday I shared our first falling of Termination Dust....that first light snow of the year that officially marks the end of Fall and the beginning of Winter. Most of the time, this year included, those first few flakes melt as they hit the warm earth, but that white stuff is still our indication that whatever we haven't gotten done we'd better hurry up and do!

As you can see I haven't cleaned out my flower beds. I wanted to enjoy their colors as long as possible and, as usual, I waited too long. Yesterday, I went to work only to quickly have frozen fingers and I made little progress. I should have pushed on and finished the job because it was a balmy 43 degrees. This morning it is only 23 degrees and the work is going to be even less fun.



I don't think I'll be needing my trusty friend anymore this season.

8 comments:

Bill S. said...

No!!!! We cannot have snow yet - we have not had fall. Keep it up in Alaska for a few more weeks.
Great pictures.

Gabriel said...

Wow... snow already... Fairbanks must be a beautiful place. We know an Argentine family who lives there, Monica and Javier; they moved from Waterloo a few years ago.

I'm not going to ask you 'do you know them?' because it's as insulting as when they say to me: 'Oh, you live in Canada... do you know Bob from Vancouver?' :-))))

My post, here: http://lfwaterloo.blogspot.com/2009/09/tell-me-thursdays-me-too.html

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Now I remember why the first snow always made me cry!!

Melitsa said...

We had a flutter here in Colorado on Monday. Can you believe it! the last day of summer! Lasted all of an hour and then turned to rain. I want Autumn back.

Honey Mommy said...

I can't believe you got SNOW! That is insane.

You should participate in Wordful Wednesday at http://angiescircus.blogspot.com . There you get to post your pics AND talk about them at the same time!

Bethany said...

I just can't imagine snow in September. My worst nightmare, I think!

Janie said...

That looks cold! You're about a month ahead of us, I think, in temperature and first snow.

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm sorry I have been MIA. so much going on....and have been sick. ugh......

snow here......wow. so it begins.