The White House

The White House

Friday, September 11, 2009

Camera Critters: Otters

Go check out other awesome critters here!

Splish splash, I was takin' a bath
Long about a Saturday night

A rub-a-dub, just relaxin' in the tub
Thinkin' everything was alright

Hmmmmm
I'm goin down down baby, yo' street in a Range Rover

Tricks to learn, waves to catch, had a plan of attack
Are you lookin' at me?

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhhchoooo!

1000-one, 1000-two, 1000-three, 1000-four....ready or not here I come!

Rub-a-dub-dub,
Three men in a tub,

And who do you think they be?

Darling,
I got to tell you something
And I don't say this to everybody
You look marvelous
Absolutely marvelous

*muwah muwah*

Shhhhh.....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
Should I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The Valdez Harbor has more than just fisherman and their catch. This entertaining otter filled quite a few moments of my sun-filled afternoon. He began by eating. A lot. He found a clam, dove down to break it on a rock and then surfaced to eat. This was repeated over and over until his little belly was full. And what do we do when we are done eating? We clean up of course. He proceeded to wash his feet, bottom, tummy, head, face.....and when he was done...bam..he went to sleep. Right there within arms reach, sound asleep without a worry in the world. How great of a life is that?

13 comments:

Bill S. said...

Beautiful pictures and a lovely story.

Martha said...

Awesome photos!!! I can watch critters like that all day!

My Camera Critters

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Thats the first time in a long time that I enjoyed watching someone else take a bath. Even if it is a otter. Otters are so cute.

anymommy said...

I absolutely love these pictures. Awesome.

eileeninmd said...

How cute and fun! You have a wonderful series of otter photos.

Katt said...

Awwwwww....how adorable!!! Great shots...love the stories...the prayer one was my fave!!!

Snowbird said...

OMG, what amazing shots. I absolutely love otters. We get babies at the place which must not be named in the winter and they are so cute. Unfortunately we can't play with them as we want to keep them wild. I love you picture with his paws on either side of his/her head.

Tink *~*~* said...

He's MAHVELUS! :D

Tink *~*~*

DeniseinVA said...

What a magical moment that must have been. I haven't seen any sea otters for years but we used to live in Monterey for a while, and I would see them floating pretty close to shore, but nothing like this. Spectacular photographs, so enjoyable, thank you.

Egghead said...

Adorable. Great photos.

Mara said...

For the first few photos I wondered what animal it was! Was it a seal, was it a dog? No, it was an otter.
Well done!

Shelby said...

ahhh these guys are precious.. great photos!! I enjoyed reading about your road trip so much.

Happy Monday :)

Janie said...

This looks like one happy and content otter. I could imagine him humming those tunes as he went about his routine.
Great photos!