The White House

The White House

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tiny Bubbles...

Bubbles in the garden...




Bees busy at work.

I've had the urge to cut down trees. Well, for my husband to cut down trees.
We are opening up this area for a pig pen. I know, I need pigs like...


Mr. Know-It-All said he could cut the trees down with an axe.

It was a lot more work than he thought.
But he did it!

Mr. I-Know-Even-More entertained us, too, but never did finish the job.

The whole destroy the forest moment was quite entertaining for the popsicle eating children.

It's that time of year....back-to-school (ewwww). The girls and I did a little shopping.

Walking out of the store and down this sidewalk gave me a flashback to taking another one of our kids on a shopping spree in California (on one of his many trips out-of-state that he was blessed to have a father send him on). It was hot, and for a split second I felt like I was somewhere else. Good memories even if they are tainted now.
She tried on a lot of shoes before settling on two pair. I have a $10 coupon, but it isn't good until next week. This is Fairbanks, Alaska...if you wait until next week there won't be any shoes left in the store. Our shopping is pretty pathetic.



After getting some clothes and shoes, we strolled through the pet store.

Then it was lunch at Gallos Mexican Restaurant before grocery shopping at Sam's Club.

After that was the panic attack where I remembered Elijah's physical was expired and I needed to get him to the clinic before football practice. (and we made it!) I can't believe my baby is 5'8" and 140 pounds! Where did my little boy go?

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...quite a day! Your gardens and yard look beautiful. When does school start up there?
Lori

PS The chart I have for the horses...I designed their menu with supplements based on what I have learned over the years. It is not from the Vet.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

The gardens are so bright and sunshiny you must hate to see the darkness of winter show up.

Janie said...

Bubbles are always great entertainment. Funny about the guys trying to out-macho each other with the tree cutting!

eastcoastlife said...

Kids grow up so fast!
I have a son who's coming to 18. Another few years, I would be a grandmother, yikes.