The White House

The White House

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fair Time!!

There you have it. Leaves turning yellow. Fall's first appearance. Makes me want to crawl into bed and put my head under the pillow. I'm not a fan of Fall because it just leads to Winter.



Only a few more days until the kids go back to school so we tried to get in a little playground time.



Yesterday was sunny and clear. Not hot by any means, but a very nice day to go to the fair. The kids started with the Apple and got in one that didn't spin so that was a bust.

Lucas, Dad and Olivia on the Merry-Go-Round.
Climbing through some big contraption.

Out they come!

Thought the little helicopters (that didn't move up and down...they just went sloooowly around) was age appropriate for 3 & 4-year olds.

It didn't take long to figure out the roller coaster was more their speed. Little dare devils!

Emily rode with her second cousin and you can see Dad with the Wee People behind them.

This thing went very fast forwards and backwards and they loved it. Not for me!

The sun was very bright.
Up in the Ferris Wheel.
The Midway.

The barns and horse arenas.
Rides.




Quite a hike up the stairs for their little legs. They were very determined to go by themselves.

Nick picked up Lucas and Emily who were tired and wanted to go home. Olivia stayed with me, but after having ice cream declared she was tired, too, so Nick came back and got her. Nick is anti-fair so he didn't mind being at home.
Dad and I spent the rest of the evening at the fair alone. Well, Elijah was there, but as you know a 13-year old boy will do his best to not be seen by his parents. He was very successful.
We watched a horse show a friend's daughter was in.

Here's Ashley with the 4-H horse she was showing.



Isn't this horse a beauty. (It won). That's Ralph Seekins. He's had the Ford dealership in town for 30+ years.
Isn't that a cutie? I overheard a woman behind me saying this foal was born in February and this lady saved it by taking it to her heated barn.

Ashley headed into the ring.

I feel like this some days....like my kids are walking all over me.

How silky!

Looks like a poodle with horns.

This is a 400 pound hog!

Doesn't every fair have a reindeer?

Not a bit bothered by all the people.

Hello.

It cracked me up the way this gal was sitting in her food dish.



We spent the rest of the evening eating our way around the fair. I've never been so stuffed (and I still am!). Sure glad we went to the fair yesterday because it's raining today.
p/s My chickens would have kicked butt at the fair. Not only were there not many entries (144), but I have some breeds not even represented. I also have some flowers that would have definitely done well. I can see I have to get it together for next year.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Looks like you all had fun at the fair...
I feel like the porker with the bowl stuck to her hiney...sad...but true

Queen-Size funny bone said...

one my favorite things to do with my kids was going to the fairs. I miss it. You have such a wonderful family. start bottling that sunshine so you can have it for the coming winter.

Janie said...

I've been seeing a few yellow leaves, too.
Looks like great fun at the fair. Love those horses, especially the paint colt.
Funny that you have a reindeer at your fair. so many cute animals.
Glad you had a good night out to make up for having to stay in more when winter moves in.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing all the pics.
I always enjoy fairs, but we didn't get to go to ours this summer.