The White House

The White House

Monday, July 6, 2009

July...2 & 3....

Elijah wanted to have a few friends over. I quickly learned his few and my few were a little different after driving to hell and back picking up eight kids.

I finally ended up home with these pretty little girls in bikinis in my pool....



with these young men keeping a close eye on them!


There really was a lot of fun to be had by all.


I so love to see my son laugh like that!


I got to spend some time in the pool with my sweet Olivia. Absolutely no comments are allowed concerning the graying hair and crow's feet!

Our friend Robin stopped by as well.


I ended up with eight of Elijah's friends and two of Nick's for a total of 12 teenagers. I believe they drank 3 cases of pop in one afternoon. Pretty normal I suppose. The boys all stayed the night and on day two we were back in the pool.


There were a few running races....


...and two of the girls came back and they played some "baseball".


I always stress that the "kid's" lawn isn't in yet, but I'm a fool to do so. Give kids a bat and plastic ball, a hat for home plate, a sheet of plywood for a back stop and they are happy. They had a lot of fun and I worry for nothing.


That evening we went with the kids down to the Art Annex in Ester where Julia's dad was opening a show of his work. It was the first time we had been there and we'll definitely attend the next event. Fun to do something a little different.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the picture of you and Olivia! It's beautiful!!!!

Looks like you guys have had a great 4th and weekend!!! Love all the pictures!

Snowbird said...

I love the picture of you and Olivia too. I look at the pictures of the kids in the pool and playing baseball etc and I think, "Man, you are a great mom." I bet your kids think that too. And if they don't, they should!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

You should run yourself a summer camp for the kids and make yourself some money. lol

Corey~living and loving said...

love the pic of you and your girl. ♥ I see nothing but love in that shot.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

What fun!! Can I come and watch all the fun? And my DD, being an "only" would be in absolute HEAVEN!!