The White House

The White House

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Haiku Walk With Me

**side note: It makes me insane when Blogger won't let me put spaces where I want or change the font size. The published version is nothing how it looks. It's those little things that make me nuts! How about you?
A Haiku Walk Through My Day
Sometimes I want to
Curl up in a ball and cry
when life seems too hard.
Like yesterday.
Like today.
I found a princess
In a dress feeding chickens.
The pain went away.



Sometimes small struggles
such as tangled up hoses
are worth the effort.
Who wouldn't want a princess watering their potatoes?


The endless drama
that is a part of my life
feels crushing a times.
Then simple pleasures
of watering cans and blooms
keep me on the move.


I was in a funk
and could not see through the clouds.
He was my sunshine.
He won his game.

Through the falling tears
I caught sight of some yellow.
It's a nasturtium.
One finally bloomed.



The smallest petal
standing strong in the fierce wind
brings the hope I need.


For my rainbow friends
I planted these petunias
just to honor you.




Sometimes I am sad
the name "disco" marigold
makes me laugh out loud.




My heart is heavy
and I want to be thankful.
Must open my eyes.




He is a pistol
unique in so many ways
God, I love him so.




What is more funny
than a striped half-cut sheep?
Probably not much.




Little Miss Gertrude
isn't a Miss after all.
That's why he hates me.




This little chicken
is going to be a beauty.
Maybe a winner?

At the fair, that is.


Now I will go lay
in that curled ball of pain
that I can't escape.

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Gayle ~ I enjoyed your thoughts on your life. Sometimes writing helps to get things into perspective when they otherwise could be overwhelming. I hope your day is a good one.

Love seeing pictures of your world.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Janie said...

Your haiku description was wonderful. I love your photos of the little princess helping out.
How funny that Miss Gertrude isn't a miss... but who could tell?
Hope life's pain doesn't last too long. In so many ways, you have a beautiful world to enjoy.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

The balance of blessings and troubles is a talent we must practice on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. You made me smile today with glimpses of your life.

Corey~living and loving said...

What a great post. lovely writing and pics. I hope you find your way out of the funk. Your life sure seems blessed.

my first Nastursium bloomed this week too. :)

Gennasus said...

You're always so busy but life looks great with you and it's so good that you have such willing helpers. Loved seeing the chickens, they're really coming on.

Come back over to mine when you have a spare moment, I've added a bit on The Angel.

Tink *~*~* said...

Hi, sweetie,

So sorry to hear of your distress. I like the curled ball, it facilitates dreaming of better things, brings me comfort and removes the pain. I hope it does for you, too.

Your haiku is wonderful.

Tink *~*~*

Patty said...

Beautiful Gayle....truly.

B said...

Yes, that was beautiful.

I think as mothers/wives and women we all can relate to the pain and trials and how we are all so overwhelmed somedays.

I love curling up like a ball as well sometimes.

What I most enjoyed was reading your feelings about your kids...that was truly awesome.