The White House

The White House

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alaska Marmot

I have a raven problem. They are loud, obnoxious and after my goose and chickens. I'm going to have to do some serious research to figure out how to scare them away before they kill something.

So tonight I hear the pair making a horrible racket. I walk out into the road to find two ravens squawking and dancing around these poor terrified Alaska Marmot.



The little guy was so frozen in fear that even after 5 or 6 cars passed it wouldn't move. I got Homer to come out and give it a shove.

I'm sure we could have done something nicer than poke it with a stick, but when you have a hissing wild animal and lots of traffic you have to think quickly.

Safe in the ditch.

"Cute and cuddly, boy. Cute and cuddly." What movie is that from?


So there you have it. We interfered with nature and now those damn ravens will probably come and have my chickens for breakfast.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Very cute (but sounds like looks are deceiving if he was hissing!)... nice of you to help it to safety.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Glad you rescued the poor guy. Those dang ravens are annoying! Have you tried a paint ball gun?? It might get their attention.

Tara said...

AHHH! It's the penguins in Madagascar. I LOVE those penguins. Consequently, I also love the ravens up there. I think they were my favorite part of Alaska when we visited LOL

Janie said...

What a cute little guy. I'm glad you were able to get him out of the road.

Nukke said...

Looks cute but sure likes to eat chickens :)

Bethany said...

Aw, he's so cute!!